Happy Days

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

Martin and Molloy
Muckraker

Happy Days

Post by Martin and Molloy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Bit of a long shot, but who here remembers Tony Martins bit about the 'Happy Days' theme song sung by someone (must have been some famous guy of asian decent). Tony gives his impression of the rendition... "monday.. tuesday... HAPPY DAYS!"

Anyone remember that bit and if so know if it was a clip from one of the Martin Molloy radio show albums or if it was a skit off the Late Show?

Cheers!

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Re: Happy Days

Post by ShitScared » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:01 am

Season 2, Episode 14 of The Late Show.

Tony and Mick are "preparing sketches" for the show, and one of them was Tony doing an impression of Noriyuki "Pat" Morita from Happy Days singing the theme song "Sundayy... Mondayyy... HAPPYDAYS! - Tuesdayyy... Wednesday.... HAPPYDAYS!"

A small snippet of it made it to the Late Show Best Bits in a compilation during credit rolls.

tommy five-tone
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by tommy five-tone » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:49 pm

I think Tony was actually doing an impression of Toshiro Mifune, star of Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, Hell in the Pacific, the miniseries Shogun and Steven Spielberg's 1941. I could be wrong, but he is a bit of a film nerd...

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:25 pm

tommy five-tone wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:49 pm
I think Tony was actually doing an impression of Toshiro Mifune, star of Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, Hell in the Pacific, the miniseries Shogun and Steven Spielberg's 1941. I could be wrong, but he is a bit of a film nerd...
Actually - I think you're correct there. Toshiro Mifune it was.