Martin/Molloy inducted into the NFSA collection

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

servese43
Muckraker

Martin/Molloy inducted into the NFSA collection

Post by servese43 »

Hi, first proper post here
So, as most of you know Martin/Molloy was finally inducted into the NFSA's collection a few weeks ago. After I learnt about this I decided to have a bit of a look at what was in their archive. It seems that the tapes Tony Martin sent in are compilations of each week's lot of episodes. You can filter out all the compilation episodes to reveal a few full episodes sitting in their archive:

http://colsearch.nfsa.gov.au/nfsa/searc ... esCount=10

A lot of these episodes aren't around anywhere else so I decided to look into how one could go about obtaining them. After looking into it a bit, it seems to be the case that general members of the public can't order copies of things from the NFSA :( , but they can view them at one of the NFSA's access centres. So if you wanted to have permament copy, you'd have to smuggle them out of there some way (not recommending this or anything)

Anyway, hope somebody finds this info useful at some point. In the meantime, you can check out the snippets of Martin/Molloy that the NFSA has made public their website here:

https://www.nfsa.gov.au/collection/cura ... radio-show
moley
Commercial Crimestopper

Re: Martin/Molloy inducted into the NFSA collection

Post by moley »

I copied a few of the d-gen specials & martin/molley eps from the NFSA and uploaded them here a few years ago.

Your not allowed to take the disc home as you know but you can get them sent to your state library for viewing purposes. I just took a laptop with me and ripped them there when noone was watching

My plan was to get all these tapes of tony's once they finally became available but unfortunately i no longer live anywhere near my state library

Hopefully someone else will take up the challange tho as there must be a gold mine sitting there
servese43
Muckraker

Post by servese43 »

Wow! You must have been pretty bloody sneaky. Did no one notice the noise your drive was making while you where ripping them? Anyway, impressive to hear that someone's managed to achieve that. I don't live super close to my state library, but not super far away either. I might give it a go at some point perhaps. Around how much does it cost you to have shows shipped to your state library?
moley
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by moley »

It was surprisingly easy. I planned the whole thing for a few weeks expecting it to be a real challange.
The viewing stations ended up being pretty far away so no one really paid any attention to me and I told them the laptop was because i was taking notes for a class.

It's free to view anything from the NFSA. You just give your contact details when you make your request and they'll give you a message or call when its at your library.

Good luck with your mission if you choose to attempt it and dont forget to share any treasure you might uncover.
servese43
Muckraker

Post by servese43 »

Interesting. Might try it at some point then. Thanks for all the information