A Quiet Word With...

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:15 am

menagers wrote:So he just had A Quiet Word with Catherine Tate! A Whovian's utter delight! I hope he showed her The Late Show sketch :mrgreen:.
I was under the impression he didn't think much of her comedy stylings, he mentioned her show in one his anti-ABC rants once.
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:49 am

Big Props wrote:I feel ashamed - Can anyone help with a good source for this series?
tsk, tsk, I have mention The Trip on the forum somewheres I think! :)
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

Manh
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by Manh » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:50 am

stupidmeatball wrote:I was under the impression he didn't think much of her comedy stylings, he mentioned her show in one his anti-ABC rants once.
I thought he said on GT something in the line of if ABC gave us Catherine Tate and Little Britain, we'd forgive them for all the other rubbish and make us think that this is all Britain has to offer. Something along those lines.

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:12 pm

It is perfectly possible that Tony - like pretty much everyone else who interviews people for a living - sometimes has to talk to people whose work he might not fully respect simply because they're available and have something interesting to offer.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

plattopus
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by plattopus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:51 am

13 schoolyards wrote:It is perfectly possible that Tony - like pretty much everyone else who interviews people for a living - sometimes has to talk to people whose work he might not fully respect simply because they're available and have something interesting to offer.
Kind of goes against the entire QWW brief, though.

stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Manh wrote:I thought he said on GT something in the line of if ABC gave us Catherine Tate and Little Britain, we'd forgive them for all the other rubbish and make us think that this is all Britain has to offer. Something along those lines.
He said something along the lines of the ABC showing Little Britain and Catherine Tate and not showing the better shows because they were easily marketable because of their reliance on catchphrases. Maybe I've misconstrued the situation.
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:32 pm

plattopus wrote:Kind of goes against the entire QWW brief, though.
Well, he could respect her for her other work. Or she could be someone he finds interesting without actually liking much of her work. She is a successful female comedian / actress, there'd be plenty to talk about there even if you thought The Catherine Tate Show wasn't all that.

I always thought the idea behind AQWW was more that Tony would be speaking to people he was interested in out of the relatively narrow group of people available for interview during a year or so, rather than an all-time greatest hits thing. It's not that he only talks to people that he loves, it's that he doesn't have to talk to people he doesn't want to simply because they're in the country and he's got a deadline.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

profernity
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by profernity » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Catherine Tate has done other things besides her eponymous sketch show, to be fair - maybe the talk will include Big Train, Doctor Who, and general talk about the sketch show writing process.

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:45 pm

snatto gauro wrote:thebox.bz
Thanks Snatto - My account seems to be disabled and i have to contact them through the IRC to enable - I have no idea what this means :mrgreen:
baudrillard wrote:tsk, tsk, I have mention The Trip on the forum somewheres I think! :smile:
I'm sure it and many other gems were mentioned, pre-30GB download per month being available to me. ;-)
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:55 pm

I didn't make a thread about it anyway so it would have been easily missed, it was just a passing comment about how good the show was somewhere on the forum.

Ouch disabled....

(psst... BP over here...) As long as your IP is not fixed you can probably just sign up again for another count BigProps. You better erase all the cookies in that browser or use another browser entirely though. They seem to be open for registration last time I checked and they seem to frequently open them but they could also be closed at the moment, you have to log in to those sites once every 30 days or they get disabled...

I wonder if the DVD has a commentary, I haven't even had the time to check yet or watch the final episode properly.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida