The Joy Of Sets

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

kabigon
Brilliant, Brilliant

The Joy Of Sets

Post by kabigon » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:19 pm

No thread for this yet? I'm disappointed in you all :)
&quot wrote:White Noise[/url]"]The most interesting to me personally is the announcement of ‘The Joy of Sets‘, a new TV discussion program helmed by former Get This hosts Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee. Kavalee was great as the host of TV Burp on Seven in 2009 and the Martin/Kavalee combo has been proven as a winner. This is to be produced by Andrew Denton’s production company Zapruders Other Films.
&quot wrote:Ch 9 Press Release[/url]"]Two of Australia’s great comedic talents, Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee, will be reunited on Nine in 2011 in The Joy Of Sets, giving viewers their unique take on television; the good, the bad and the fabulously misguided. From Zapruder’s Other Films (producers of The Gruen Transfer) The Joy Of Sets will take you to parts of the television universe you never knew existed.
Dunno what to think. Channel 9 of all channels? T Mart and Ed Kav finally in a non-one-off show post-Get This. Hmmm.

Curlytek
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by Curlytek » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Just saw this myself, should be a cracker. I think Ch9 is a reasonable place for these two to make it work, though only time will tell.

mattyk
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by mattyk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:26 pm

It will work as long as Nine let them have a go at their own programs.

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:26 pm

New to NINE in 2011: From the producers of The Gruen Transfer, Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee host THE JOY OF SETS. A unique look at television.

I saw it an hour or two ago but I thought it was made up. Channel 9 though?......
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

Ontos
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Ontos » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Great news, except for the channel nine part. We don't have a very good track record with our favourite commedians on nine. At least Kerry Packer won't be around to cancel it.

P.S. I wonder if there will be any Pete Smith in it.

P.P.S. I'm obsessed with Pete Smith.
and calling it policy!

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:54 pm

As long as they don't have the small guy who played Mini-Mick cameo in the show, they should be safe. (he was in TMMS and Micallef Tonight)
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:02 pm

I'm sure Pete's involvement is a clause in a part of the contract!
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

kichigai
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by kichigai » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:24 pm

HUGE news! I like everyone else am shocked that it's 9 going with this. They are absolutely the last channel I would have guessed would pick this up. Having said that very much looking forward to it.

DrZhyp
Muckraker

Post by DrZhyp » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Thus Re-Igniteith the sizzle!

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Anyone know which Nine this'll be on? I'd assume one of the digital channels (where it probably wouldn't get the chop after three weeks) - it does sound like something that could be done on the cheap, which would also be for the good survival-wise.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"