The Joy Of Sets

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

dizzystuff
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by dizzystuff » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:57 pm

i'm going to the taping this friday (26th).
Anyone up for a drink after?

Espilae
Muckraker

Post by Espilae » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:45 pm

logifuse wrote:No wuckers, just wanted to know what the overall feeling about the show was.

Promo: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 9446945190

At least Steve Britten didn't sign off with "the home of comedy."

Can somebody rip that video somehow and upload it to a non-Youtube source? I'm in China at the moment and the Party apparently don't want me to be up to date with everything Joy of Sets.

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Espilae wrote:Can somebody rip that video somehow and upload it to a non-Youtube source? I'm in China at the moment and the Party apparently don't want me to be up to date with everything Joy of Sets.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QYXRJ22Z - 1.2MB
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

Ontos
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Ontos » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:16 pm

dizzystuff wrote:i'm going to the taping this friday (26th).
Anyone up for a drink after?
I would but I'm driving (Ps).

Anyone else being an extra on Wednesday in Sydney?
and calling it policy!

kichigai
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by kichigai » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:39 pm

ShitScared wrote:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QYXRJ22Z - 1.2MB
Thanks for posting. I was in the same spot of bother...damn firewall...

Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:13 pm

sjp wrote:The producers weren't totalitarian but I think anyone who wants to do something grand in Get This style should probably re-consider. As much as Tony & Ed were gracious about Get This references I think they want to stamp a new brand with this show.

As much as I love Get This, I think that's a good thing. Too many in jokes and the wonderful Channel 9 audience will run away screaming. And we kinda need them to watch because if they don't 9 will rip it off air.
I just want to pop him on a bit of toast and eat him right up.

sjp
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by sjp » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:08 am

Bean Is A Carrot wrote:As much as I love Get This, I think that's a good thing. Too many in jokes and the wonderful Channel 9 audience will run away screaming. And we kinda need them to watch because if they don't 9 will rip it off air.
I agree - even as a huge Get This fan I sometimes have to remind myself that it's over and Tony and Ed have moved on. What we see now are valentines to Get This with the Warwick Capper material in The Joy of Sets, and I'm sure we'll see more.

The Joy of Sets will still have a fairly niche audience I think, I just hope it's enough to keep it on the air.
"Was that a rubber frying pan, Danny?"

logifuse
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by logifuse » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:23 am

At least they seem to be putting a significant number in the can prior to screening any, so at worst it will become a moving target in timeslot/channel (Go/Gem) rather than completely disappearing.

I know that sounds pessimistic, but that's the reality at Channel 9 - they can't leave anything well the fcuk alone.

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:28 am

I'm going to be an extra tomorrow in Sydney for The Block sketch! I might finally get to meet Tony! Ontos I am so hopeless with names; I forget your real one (PM me if you like). Who else will be there??

I have to say I have NO idea about The Block - have never watched it; will have to educate myself tonight so I know like I've got a clue what's going on!
I'm a thinker.... I thinka!

sjp
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by sjp » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:46 am

kim wrote:I'm going to be an extra tomorrow in Sydney for The Block sketch! I might finally get to meet Tony! Ontos I am so hopeless with names; I forget your real one (PM me if you like). Who else will be there??

I have to say I have NO idea about The Block - have never watched it; will have to educate myself tonight so I know like I've got a clue what's going on!
I'll be there as well. I'll PM you.
"Was that a rubber frying pan, Danny?"