The Joy Of Sets

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

hamsalad
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by hamsalad » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:34 pm

baudrillard wrote:eeek!

Denton, why 9 and not the ABC? The extra few minutes would have helped the show too !
$$$$$$$$$ :(

545k is not as bad as I expected if I'm honest. I love the show to bits but watching the ads on 9 during the show I'm reminded of the demographic the commercial stations are going for. With something funny on the same network that shows 2.5 men & BBT it's not too surprising people turned off.
Wags calls it Rango. We call it trainsurfing - and it's COOL!

Ontos
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Ontos » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:28 pm

When x-factor wins the ratings, you can see the type of stuff people want, and unfortunately for lovers of comedy, it isn't ducks.
and calling it policy!

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Drive with Richard Glover
Tony Martin on radio, TV and the joy of sets
27/09/2011 Sarah McVeigh

After great success in radio Tony Martin returns to TV with a show about TV. It's produced by Andrew Denton and is called The Joy of Sets.

Tony Martin joined Richard on the show to chat about the shows that shaped him.

Direct download link: http://blogs.abc.net.au/files/tony-martin.mp3
http://blogs.abc.net.au/nsw/2011/09/ton ... -sets.html
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

Ontos
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Ontos » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:57 pm

SS already posted that one above.
and calling it policy!

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:59 pm

D'oh! You're right, I was just listening to it again and going... oh crap. My bad again!

Cheers for that one SS! Nice to see you back!

Again this has probably been posted, but just in case. I checked and couldn't see it in the thread though.

Tony Martin's Sneak Peek
Tony Martin, host of Channel 9’s The Joy of Sets, joined Grubby & Dee Dee, with a sneak peek into his new show.

http://www.gold1043.com.au/shows/grubby ... sneak-peek
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:36 pm

Ouch. That's not good ratings-wise. Especially considering how much it dropped from last week (and dropped off from 2 1/2 Men beforehand). If it drops again in any serious way next week that would be a real concern, because it looks like people are actively turning off rather than the show suffering from a poor lead in.

At least there aren't a bunch of stories in the papers calling it "doomed", so there's a chance they might just shift it to a later / different timeslot.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

hamsalad
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by hamsalad » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Some people are even suggesting it might do better on GO!, which I'd be fine with. I don't hold much hope for a second series but at least if it gets the arse from primetime they'll be able to play the rest of the eps on one of the secondary channels.
Wags calls it Rango. We call it trainsurfing - and it's COOL!

Espilae
Muckraker

Post by Espilae » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:22 pm

The phrase "and the Joy of Sets teleported instantly to Yasmin-land" on the SMH ratings blog really terrifies me..

SeanRodger
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by SeanRodger » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:26 pm

baudrillard wrote:Cheers C-Murder.
Hahahaha. Now what made you remember that name sunny jim? ;)
Lotsa lotsa music, and notsa notsa Get This.

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:03 pm

hamsalad wrote:Some people are even suggesting it might do better on GO!, which I'd be fine with. I don't hold much hope for a second series but at least if it gets the arse from primetime they'll be able to play the rest of the eps on one of the secondary channels.
Wasn't there talk initially it was going to be on GO!? I'm guessing if they're still filming and there's only eight episodes, they'll show them all even if they do move it.

It's only when there's a big campaign to axe something - or it's a total dud out the gate - that shows just vanish.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"