Tony Ed and Lachy apperaing in a film

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

mootsy
Muckraker

Post by mootsy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:48 pm

It probably rated poorly because on Saturday night is when people are likely to be doing something or they hire a movie from a video store. Also Digital tv has alot more channels these days.

Yes it was very clever, the concept i mean of the story centered around the Scum Bus. funny acting as well from everyone.

Hopefully the cast get to make some more movies together.

Its actually a really crafty idea. The crew have an artistic outlet with these sorts of films which gets them out of their comfort zone more and more and probably into their comfort zone as well.

It'd be cool to see Tone doing a Perso, Sergeant type character with Ed.

But really the possibilities are endless.

Whityfisk
Muckraker

Post by Whityfisk » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:28 pm

It wasn't very good. All the female actors looked like they got their roles via a casting couch and the last ten minutes were appalling. One of the worst final acts I've seen in a movie, it literally looked like they couldn't think of an ending so just made something up n the day of filming. Also kavalee is not a very good actor.

That being said the comedic performances by some actors were quite good (tony martin, henry nixon, glenn robbins) and some of the dialogue was really funny but that doesn't excuse actually releasing this turd.

tommy five-tone
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by tommy five-tone » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Isn't Ed already working on something called something like Border Protection Patrol? Could just be a straight sequel to Scumbus.

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:47 pm

That was interesting....

Certainly some good moments - Nothing better than:

"That's supposed to be ..Lady..Gaga..Up-skirt... I mean it's a pretty weird skirt, you're not going to see anything anyway"

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: - Show Stealer that scene.
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

Markmarken
Muckraker

Any one have Scumbus?

Post by Markmarken » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Hello chums,

Anyone know how I could see Scumbus, as I missed it on the weekend...

Thanks

Pete Hill (not Smith)
Muckraker

Post by Pete Hill (not Smith) » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:37 pm

tommy five-tone wrote:Isn't Ed already working on something called something like Border Protection Patrol? Could just be a straight sequel to Scumbus.
Yes you are right about the first part. But its not a direct sequel to Scumbus although it does feature some of the previous cast again (Tony Martin, Lachy Hulme etc).

http://http://mumbrella.com.au/ed-kaval ... uad-123290

His next feature is called Border Protection Squad and it sounds like a comedy satire that takes swipes at shows like CH-7's Border Security and all the debate and fear-mongering over immigrants and boat people.
The article infers that the film is finished (Kavalee wrote, directed and co-produced it) and that all he needs now is a distributor or TV channel willing to show it.

Pete
Finally I walked the streets of Bexhill at night disguised as a human man.....

Pete Hill (not Smith)
Muckraker

Post by Pete Hill (not Smith) » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Whityfisk wrote:It wasn't very good. All the female actors looked like they got their roles via a casting couch and the last ten minutes were appalling. One of the worst final acts I've seen in a movie, it literally looked like they couldn't think of an ending so just made something up n the day of filming. Also kavalee is not a very good actor.

That being said the comedic performances by some actors were quite good (tony martin, henry nixon, glenn robbins) and some of the dialogue was really funny but that doesn't excuse actually releasing this turd.

I wouldn't go as far to say that but I was a bit disappointed. The writing was a bit awkward, some of the characters were too thinly conceived and, as much as I hate to say it, Kavalee's performance looked uncomfortable.
Pete
Finally I walked the streets of Bexhill at night disguised as a human man.....

hegartez
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by hegartez » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 pm

That was a good moment- Tony was great, I guess it overall did fall in that gap between something that's "great 'cos it's great" and something that's "great 'cos it's awful" (MeatPie or Cosy Cool etc).

Still, it's an interesting (if public) way to learn to be a film maker for Ed- just talk em into giving you a go and do your best.

Being able to talk both a network and a cast like that into giving him a go's quote and achievement- I wonder what TM and Glenn Robbins thought.

Big Props wrote:That was interesting....

Certainly some good moments - Nothing better than:

"That's supposed to be ..Lady..Gaga..Up-skirt... I mean it's a pretty weird skirt, you're not going to see anything anyway"

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: - Show Stealer that scene.

stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:20 pm

It works well as a series of funny scenes strung together with a basic story. As far as a micro-budget, first attempt, tv movie goes I'm not going to complain about its quality. Without THX 1138 we'd never have Star Wars, so perhaps great things are to come.
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball

Markmarken
Muckraker

Post by Markmarken » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Thanks very much for the link mystery link provider