The Lonely Hearts Club

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

melbelle39
Muckraker

Post by melbelle39 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:35 pm

I think it is Nicola Parry, having listened again. Very much enjoying the show and the cryptic shout outs and in jokes

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:15 am

I heard a couple of Langbroek 'esque 'isms in there - not enough to convince me it was her, but there were moments........
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:44 am

snatto gauro wrote:Is anyone else loving this series as much as me,this is by far and away the greatest thing Tony's been involved in since Get This in my book.The cough button must be getting a workout big time as they must surely by laughing their heads off at times,the latest ep was the best yet and it seems to get better each week,there were moments in this weeks ep where id have to rewind four or five times as my own laughter was drowning out the show,and each ep is well worth listening too more than once as theres always something youve missed the first time.Really hope this series isnt the last we here from the HOSM graduates.
I love it too snatto! I loved Duncan's succinct wrap up of Ben Elton's recent TV activities as Ben Elton: Live From an Undisclosed Location with No Internet Access
It simply couldn't be put better.

And just to segue into Scrivener's for a moment: "Two words: David Argue". In truth, I have no idea what this means, it's a local show biz gag no doubt. One that is enjoyed by local show biz people so much, I can't help but laugh at all references, and then read this, and laugh a whole lot more. I'm assuming we now no need to wonder why Hercules Returns stank so badly.
Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:32 pm

I remember loving Hercules Returns !!!

I still have the VHS in OZ somewhere.........
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

onerightupthebracket
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by onerightupthebracket » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:12 pm

stupidmeatball wrote:Are the segment intros done by Shaun Micallef?
Yep, definitely sounds like him to me. And I'd bet that Matild is played by Julia Zemiro, given that she speaks French.
RIP Richard Marsland. May you forever ride the Vengabus in the sky.

Twitter
Blog

plattopus
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by plattopus » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:59 am

menagers wrote:I'm assuming we now no need to wonder why Hercules Returns stank so badly.
I saw Hercules Returns for the first time about three months ago and absolutely loved it. Stupid, brainless humour but I laughed a lot.

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:24 am

Well, I should say that I haven't seen it since it's release, long, long ago in the 90's. And back then it was a major disappointment that it didn't live up to the funny brilliance of Double Take. A voice dubbing live act that pre-dated The Olden Days/Bargearse.
Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?

IFMON
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by IFMON » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:21 pm

I think the intros sound more like Angus, the voice has that grunt at the end which sounds like him.
Apricot is a metal.

onerightupthebracket
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by onerightupthebracket » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:58 pm

IFMON wrote:I think the intros sound more like Angus, the voice has that grunt at the end which sounds like him.
I'll have to listen more carefully next time, I'm fairly convinced it's Micallef.

And I reckon Sam Pang does the slightly me-no-rikey song at the start. Estelle is hard to work out - I'd agreed with most, got a bit of the Jane Kennedy, but I'm leaning towards Nicola. Have no idea who the Hollywood reporter is...
RIP Richard Marsland. May you forever ride the Vengabus in the sky.

Twitter
Blog

profernity
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by profernity » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:08 am

The Hollywood Reporter has a bit of a Rove McManus voice at times...and the segment is done over the phone...