I'm finally coming to the end of Get This :-(

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

Chop-In-A-Toaster!
Sandhurst Mechanic

I'm finally coming to the end of Get This :-(

Post by Chop-In-A-Toaster! »

I've got 4 weeks of Get this (This will take me two weeks).

I've got questions.
What is Trout pout?
What is a boob dent?
What was that movie with the Goot pretending to be a Kewi ("Going into a void within himself").
What is Tony doing now?

I guess after Get This I'll listen to Marsland Lives, Summer Loving, and then Two Tones. Is there any other compulsive listening post Get This?
Chop-In-A-Toaster!
Sandhurst Mechanic

Coming late to the Get This Party is a funny feeling. There's a uncanny feeling when hearing about news events from 2007 in the present tense, and I'm forever explaning Get This jokes to people who don't care.
baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard »

Well then, get ready for being even more out of your depth with topical events with Martin/Molloy.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida
Chop-In-A-Toaster!
Sandhurst Mechanic

Hahahaha! I'm not going to have a clue who they're talking about! I was 12 years old in 1997 listening to that everyday lying on my bedroom floor staring at the radio hahah.

Anyway I'm waiting for you to remaster 1995 before I get into that!
ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared »

Chop-In-A-Toaster! wrote:I've got 4 weeks of Get this (This will take me two weeks).

I've got questions.
What is Trout pout?
What is a boob dent?
What was that movie with the Goot pretending to be a Kewi ("Going into a void within himself").
What is Tony doing now?

I guess after Get This I'll listen to Marsland Lives, Summer Loving, and then Two Tones. Is there any other compulsive listening post Get This?
What is Trout pout? Refer to all models posing in Zoo Weekly.
What is a boob dent? Refer to all women appearing in Zoo Weekly or Who magazine.
What was that movie with the Goot pretending to be a Kewi ("Going into a void within himself"). Don't Tell Her It's Me (aka The Boyfriend School)
What is Tony doing now? Being productive with posting Youtube videos of cats on Twitter every Monday.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M
Chop-In-A-Toaster!
Sandhurst Mechanic

Hahahah. Yes I've seen all the cats. I just wish there was something big coming up. I wish he was back on the radio.

Thanks Shitscared.
Chop-In-A-Toaster!
Sandhurst Mechanic

There's a relaxed tone in Tony's voice after he's come out with the bad news, when he knows he can coast to the end of the year on old gear.

I've only heard that tone in his voice before when he came out with the "How good is this" material, and when he brought out the Kershaw sketch.
stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball »

Track down the episodes of Restoring the Balance that were on Triple J in 2007, they had Richard Marsland co-hosting (in character as a member of the Family First party, the character was named Spencer Pembrose if memory serves me correctly.)
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball
Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props »

Chop-In-A-Toaster! wrote: I've got questions.

I've got no idea what the question means, let alone the answer !!!

Oh, & Happy New Year everyone..
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu
plattopus
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by plattopus »

Trout pout has evolved into the universally-derided "duck face". And in only four short years, too.

Are there downloadable archives of the Two Tones and Restoring the Balance somewhere? I'm slowly downloading M/M but I'd love to grab that stuff now.