Get This Podcasts

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards »

Yeah, sorry if I seemed a bit rude - I wasn't sure if we were supposed to reveal that "2006" contains all the shows for 2006 (sans music).
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"
ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared »

Sherry Enema wrote:Errr i'll reask my question, is that site with the podcasts, just a recording of each and every show...cos there seems to be more there than the 160+ from itunes...and the files are really big, compared to one from itunes...

We don't like to heavily advertise it for various reasons, but that site contains all the shows - not podcasts. Songs and ads have been edited out. The podcasts don't contain sketches that have copyrighted music on them, whereas our versions do.

This collection is to share on this site and this site only... some peeps broke the rules.

Crap.. I think I just admitted to something which I didn't want to.. eep
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M
baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard »

Quick! Edit your reply! "You named names."
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida
Sherry Enema
Muckraker

Post by Sherry Enema »

I'm soooo sorry, I got that vibe but it was all too cryptic...atleast if NZ police break down my door, I'll have my sherry handy running into several Wheelybins...

I appreciate it, and bow down to You sir...

...someone wanna reply to me in...in binary code if need be...if the How Come edited Matchbox 20 exists ...in imagination land of course.
ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared »

Sherry Enema wrote:...someone wanna reply to me in...in binary code if need be...if the How Come edited Matchbox 20 exists ...in imagination land of course.

Yeah, it does in that collection - and am presently working on a "tribute" album for this site with a collection of 'Get This' version songs.
Blog
VALE Ricky M
13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards »

You are? Cool! It'll be great to have them all in one spot.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"
stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

I'm after a sketch, please help

Post by stupidmeatball »

I dont know if anyone remembers a song Tony did on Get This, but it was to tune of 'Feel Like Making Love' and it was about Richard Marsland picking up, anyone have a recording? I dont think it made podcast because of music copyright reasons
Please, I thought it was the funniest thing ever
plumsahoy
Muckraker

Post by plumsahoy »

MillyMolly wrote:Folks, I come to you in desperation. Being an aussie living in New Zealand, I was a bit late catching up on the whole Get This phenomena. Trouble is I was behind on the podcasts too and hadn't downloaded the whole lot. Now it looks like they've been taken off the TripleM/Austereo website and I'm devastated that I won't get to listen to the rest!!!
Does anyone know of another site they can be downloaded from?
I too had been wallowing in misery, having lost my Hard drive with the complete collection of podcasts recently.

However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that isn't an oncoming train.

For those of you that have lost the podcasts, or want more than just the podcasts, Minninova has a torrent of the complete radio show, minus ads and music to avoid copyright issues of course, in two batches, 2006 and 2007. Each torrent is approx 5 gig, but well worth the download.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1264093
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1127961

I apologise if this breaks some sort of forum rule, but I thought it was definately worth posting around. Not many people seeding it at the moment, but bear with it, I'm sure you'll all agree, it will be worth the wait.
ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared »

No need to describe it, as that's the shit all our hard work that we recorded and compiled together and put up here, and someone decided to go behind our backs and torrent the bastards.

Actually - 2006 was our work... 2007 is only podcasts.

In fact, I'll take 3/4 of the credit for it. Other credit goes to anothermelbournite, richie, and others who help out (apologies for not remembering your names)
Blog
VALE Ricky M
baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard »

Wow, what a first post to make. :( Talk about putting your foot in it.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida