Is/was Tony fueding with Matt Tilley?

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Is/was Tony fueding with Matt Tilley?

Post by stupidmeatball »

I was listening to some of the podcasts of Get This and noticed that there were alot of stabs at the comically inferior matt tilley, mostly about Indian accents, turbans and the such, along with the 'Gotchya calls' copping somewhat of a serve. I know that tilley had referred to Tony as a 'comedy nazi', although I think he must call anyone funnier than himself one (that means just about anyone who can barely string a sentence together).
Also I heard a rumour that tilley complained about Tony using all the production time and resources.
And Freako was clearly an almighty parodic stab at tilley's so-called comedy prowess, right down to referencing surprise, surprise gotchya shit and "Gay Barry, 'He's so Gay'", being that Adam Richard guy on the matt & Jo show.
Anyone else have ideas?

I just think that tilley is a talentless weed personally.
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball
Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot »

I have no idea, but Tilley seems a legitimate enough comedic target irrespective of whether there was a Tilley/Martin punch-on every week in the Austereo carpark or not. Anyone who browns-up for an album cover in 2007 deserves as much flack as he got. And more.
I just want to pop him on a bit of toast and eat him right up.
RealInspectorShane
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by RealInspectorShane »

Hey, anything can happen in the Gotcha Zone. :D
"Bugger the Institute Jock!"
13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards »

I think it was more that Tilley was - and is - amazingly crap. It always seemed to be coming more from Ed though, what with the cutout of Tilley stuck to his bedroom celing and everything...
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"
stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball »

I'd never heard about the cut-out of tilley on Ed's ceiling lol.
Kavalee did say alot about it though, any time an accent was made a 'breakfast team member' would accused of it lol, also turbans and 'blacking up' was referenced often.
I'd love to think of a Martin/tilley punch-up, tilley would be shitting himself, what with the Working Dog team and Tony's plethora of comedian mates behind him, while tilley has Gay Barry, I mean Adam Richard
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball
kat-rant
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by kat-rant »

Hmm, although physically, Gay Barry is a bigger man than Tone!!

BTW, just to stamp it out now, Feud is spelt EU not UE.

Just be thankful you're not a student in my Year 10 English class!!!
I've got the paper!!!
stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball »

I apologise about the error, usually my spelling is spot on, my bad. I took year 10 English 5 years ago so you could've been my teacher maybe.
I must admit I can't imagine a teacher who would or could appreciate comedy... although in year 11 I got to study Frontline for English, thus killing the show for me. Is it still on the syllibus [sic] (as I can't spell it)?
Plus Tone would have Kavalee backing him up, who is quite the big rig lol, as well as the tag-team of Hamish and Andy
Now a'Tweetin'.
kat-rant
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by kat-rant »

Thankfully it's not on the Year 11 English syllabus anymore (sorry, couldn't help but spot another error!!! Still, kudos for writing 'could've' instead of the rather irritating 'could of', which I loath!), not in Victoria, anyway. I have to say it wasn't all that particularly well-designed, that curriculum plan. In fact I always am puzzled as to why English teachers feel the need to teach media stuff.. isn't that why Media teachers exist? I do teach it in Year 11 Media though, for Unit 2 Outcome 3, but that's a curriculum plan I designed myself while I was on teaching rounds.

As for whether or not teachers appreciate comedy, are you kidding me? You should spend time in the performing arts office at my school, we're constantly in fits remember old comedy shows and sketches and stuff. My main teaching methods are Media and Drama which are both right up my alley. Plus my kids get the, ahem, 'benefit' of my comedy tastes!

And true, I forgot Kavalee's size!!! Don't quite know where Hamish and Andy would fit in though....
I've got the paper!!!
stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball »

If it came down to it Hamish and Andy would take Tony's side, they still owe him for 'Prelude to a Fart' lol, plus they're close mates with Kavalee. I didn't realise you taught media and drama, they are a different breed of teacher, mainly a cool one lol.
Yeah, I attached the "sic" after the misspell of syllabus to show I knew it was incorrect, I thought as an English teacher you would have picked up on that haha.
Now a'Tweetin'.
baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard »

I feel siick [sic]. (I'm an academic.)
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida