Kryal Castle is up for sale

If it's not related to The D-Gen or any of the other threads, post it on here!

Moderator: ShitScared

foolhardycousingeorge
Australia's Best Dressed

Kryal Castle is up for sale

Post by foolhardycousingeorge » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:47 pm

It was reported in today's Herald Sun that Ballarat tourist attraction, and Late Show location, Kryal Castle, is being sold by its owners.

The head of Ballarat Tourism has suggested that Kryal Castle be turned into a Harry Potter theme park.

For us Late Show fans, we will always remember the segment where they visited Kryal Castle, and how Kryal Castle was the inspiration for P***weak Medieval World.

Back in the days of the original D - Generation, Kryal Castle no doubt inspired Castle Kravat.

Of course, who could forget that during the run of The Panel, the Queen visited Ballarat, and passed Kryal Castle on the way. Kate Langbroek went to Kryal Castle especially to see this, and was dressed in a medieval outfit.

She acted like a schoolgirl, as when the Queen's motorcade passed and the Queen waved to all who were there, Kate got all excited.

I enjoyed reading about other forum members' visits to Kryal Castle back from their childhoods.
".....that's what's ahead here on Martin Molloy; the only radio show with an inner core of sphagnum."

Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:27 pm

foolhardycousingeorge wrote:The head of Ballarat Tourism has suggested that Kryal Castle be turned into a Harry Potter theme park.

Good luck there! The costs of licensing the Harry Potter brand will be enormous, let alone the costs of turning it into a decent tourist attraction.
I just want to pop him on a bit of toast and eat him right up.

foolhardycousingeorge
Australia's Best Dressed

Kryal Castle has been sold

Post by foolhardycousingeorge » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:52 pm

It was reported on the weekend that Kryal Castle has finally been sold.

For how much Kryal Castle was sold for, who bought Kryal Castle, and what the new owner plans to do with the property, could not be reported.

I guess we'll find out soon enough!
".....that's what's ahead here on Martin Molloy; the only radio show with an inner core of sphagnum."

foolhardycousingeorge
Australia's Best Dressed

Kryal Castle

Post by foolhardycousingeorge » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:02 pm

The Herald Sun reported yesterday that after twelve months redevelopment, Ballarat's famed, non - gold rush tourist attraction, Kryal Castle, will soon be relaunched as a medieval adventure park and resort.

According to the Herald Sun, Kryal Castle;

"now features a moat, drawbridge, maze, and castle towers, with children to be entertained by knights, wizards, fairies and goblins."

The director of Kryal Castle stated that;

"daily magic and entertainment would cater to all ages."

Whether Kryal Castle remains the source of comic fodder as it did during the time of The D-Generation, and The Late Show, I have no idea. Perhaps the revamp of Kryal Castle may inspire me to visit there, just as rdmcphee and I visited Glenrowan?

stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:54 pm

No more raves, then?
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball

foolhardycousingeorge
Australia's Best Dressed

Re: Kryal Castle

Post by foolhardycousingeorge » Wed May 22, 2013 10:27 am

Here's the information about the revamped Kryal Castle.

http://kryalcastle.com.au/

alchemistal
Muckraker

Re: Kryal Castle is up for sale

Post by alchemistal » Thu May 23, 2013 9:27 pm

I took my wife and 2 year old to the (re)opening weekend. Hat's off to the people behind this, but I just don't see how it's going to make money in the long run, as it looks far too labor intensity to staff all the attractions and entertainment. I had a suspicion this would be the case and figured opening day would be the most impressive. The guy who originally built the place was there as a guest of the new owners, but he appeared to be in quite poor health and was being led around. Impressively he had a large gold dress ring on which was modeled on the actual castle entrance and a large gold necklace that was also Kryal themed.

Certainly worth a trip for interest sake... none off us had every been before, but don't think we will go again (unless it's a school trip... which seems to be their target market).

foolhardycousingeorge
Australia's Best Dressed

Re: Kryal Castle wins Tourism Award

Post by foolhardycousingeorge » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:06 pm

That's right. This is not a miss print, nor, though this forum is based around comedy, is this a joke.

The revamped Kryal Castle Adventure Park and Resort received an award in the 2013 RACV Victorian Tourism Awards.

This was in the category for 'New Tourism Development'.

http://www.victoriantourismawards.com.a ... esort.html