Community

If it's not related to The D-Gen or any of the other threads, post it on here!

Moderator: ShitScared

stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball » Mon May 21, 2012 11:56 am

I'll be interested to watch Kevin Pollack's online talk show on the 17th of June:
Kevin Pollak ‏@kevinpollak
Because you asked nicely. And he said yes (via Twitter). Booked for 6/17 Rt @dayman1983 @kevinpollak you gotta get @danharmon on your show!
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Thu May 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Leaked Memo: 'Community' Studio Tells Cast How to Address Dan Harmon Firing
Sony Pictures Television issues a talking-points memo in an effort to minimize media backlash over Harmon's exit as showrunner of the NBC series. The PR spin is in full force. This leaked memo shows the talking points that the cast/crew have been programmed to say:
Here's the memo:
Team Community:

With last night's news of David Guarascio and Moses Port as new showrunners/EPs on "Community" running in the press, and since we know that cast members have interviews coming up this week, I wanted to forward some messaging we hope our cast will find helpful as they navigate questions that will undoubtedly come up. I know that David and Moses are reaching out to them all directly but I've also heard from some of the actors that they'd like some guidance on the topic.

I saw some of the tweets that went out and were glad they all addressed their own sentiments quickly, and we're hoping that the news will lose some steam over the next day, especially if we're not perpetuating the topic in any way.

We're tracking the coverage and conversation and will circle back if we feel the need to reshift our plan or messaging. Please let me know if you have questions.

Why did Dan get let go from the show?

We're not made aware of why staffing changes take place but I will always be grateful to Dan for his great work on the show and wish him only the best. We're also excited that we'll be back on NBC's schedule in the fall and are looking forward to working on those episodes.

Were you aware that Dan was going to be let go?

No, that's not something we're consulted on. I'm sad to see him go but I am looking forward to starting our next 13 episodes of "Community."

Did the studio or network consult with you about these changes?

No they didn't but we're looking forward to working with David Guarascio & Moses Port on a new season of Community.

What are their plans for the new season?

It's a little early to say at this point but we're looking forward the stories our characters will find themselves in come Sept.
They didn't even know they were robots.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

Ontos
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Ontos » Fri May 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Can you just move on Baud, we should be looking forward to the new 13 episode season in Fall with David Guarascio & Moses Port at the helm.
and calling it policy!

Kippers
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Kippers » Fri May 25, 2012 7:40 pm

I saw Series 1 about a year & a half ago and have spent the intervening 18 months waiting for someone - anyone - to show subsequent series in the UK. Which they haven't. Bastards.

Ontos
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Ontos » Fri May 25, 2012 9:31 pm

I wish you all the best finding seasons 2 and 3, but we should be really excited about the new 13 episodes coming in Fall, David Guarascio & Moses Port will do great as the showrunners.
and calling it policy!

unfrufru
Muckraker

Post by unfrufru » Thu May 31, 2012 2:09 pm

only a recent convert, watched about 9 episodes yesterday of season 3. shame to see such a great talent in dan harmon been cast aside

Ontos
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Ontos » Thu May 31, 2012 2:33 pm

It's sad to see Dan go, but we should be eagely awaiting the upcoming season, I'm sure David and Moses will be great for the series.
and calling it policy!

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Thu May 31, 2012 5:56 pm

Kippers I think the UK S2 DVD release is happening at some point soon.

Yes, unfrufru, seeing as the show is based on Dan Harmon's own experiences of Community college, a lot of people have expressed regret that there will now actually be a S4 when they'd previously been putting all their hopes on it. The AVClub and the devotees are calling for blood and saying: "Just shoot me".

And the whole 13 episodes deal is just to make the numbers up so that it's up to syndication levels. Let's hope the show doesn't suffer from being shoved at a mainstream audience, by Sony from NBC's ratings whining, and loses all that made it a unique show that people are that obsessed about. Considering NBC never recovered after various sitcoms from the '90s ended, they'll always be number 4, no matter how many people they fire and how many shows they axe.

Greenblatt is a complete idiot who praises shows that get axed one week then has them removed from the schedule a few weeks later. Hell, he loves Whitney and mutli-cam set up comedies, so yeah, still Number 4!
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:47 am

This is what I got when I blended Daybreak with Fresh Prince.

If you know what Daybreak is in relevance to Community, you're a true fan.

http://youtu.be/T3Gj9L-RIg4
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Not directly Community related anymore...

But Dan Harmon tweeted this:

New link to last of July @Harmontown tickets. bit.ly/P1c8Oo and soon, Harmontown will be weekly, with highlights castpodded!

So there's a live show he's doing and sounds like will be doing regularly I guess and it'll be podcasttedded. So there's that at least. There were some sad tweets about them saying goodbye to him from the cast and by him.
- Jacques Derrida