Community

If it's not related to The D-Gen or any of the other threads, post it on here!

Moderator: ShitScared

stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:04 pm

I got the season 3 dvd, region 1 import from a market about 3 months ago for $15. It came with all the NBC advertising material I doubt a bootlegger would also bootleg, so I think you guys were ripped off, or I've been had by a bootlegger who goes the extra mile.
I'm also unimpressed about having to wait until February for the new season, does NBC just hate people? No wonder their ratings are in the toilet!
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball

Kippers
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Kippers » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:41 am

Enjoying the season 3 DVDs very much but the copyright warnings are doing my head in. On the Region 1 DVDs they appear *after* the main menu comes up & *after* you've selected the episode you want to watch. Cue: a 45-second wait before it actually lets you watch the episode. Bastards. No wonder there's so much piracy these days if this is the contempt the Feds are going to show us punters.

[/self-righteous whinge]

Warren Perso
Muckraker

Post by Warren Perso » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:12 pm

So far season 4 is so disappointing. The spark plugs for this show left with Dan Harmon... On a related note.. Harmontown - Dan's Podcast is well worth a listen.
"Sturt was a good film, but it was no Strzelecki..."

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:21 pm

I didn't mind last week's as much as the first one, but it sounds like next week's may be the "worst yet" according to the AV Club. :neutral:
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 pm

I don't understand why people aren't liking Season 4?! It's the same to me. Same characters, humour, meta references. I personally think that some people are judging it as it has the "No Dan Harmon" association stigmata on it. If no-one knew he was fired, then people wouldn't think differently about the show and still enjoy it one and the same.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:44 pm

The first week had great ratings, second week dipped to the lowest ratings they've ever had SS :(
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:26 pm

That didn't include PVR - and that show has the highest PVR ratings.

But I'm not holding on to that as a plausible reason. I hope that it'll get the same treatment a la CougarTown, Scrubs and Futurama - getting picked up by another network if NBC decide to axe it for good.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Ah, you're right I did not think of PVR.

Yeah I hear Cougartown will probably last indefinitely now that it's on TBS. They don't have a lot of content and it's rating through the roof for them. Also home of Conan. To be honest, it was the Scrubs S9 issue I was concerned about when Harmon was fired. I know that Harmon's now been fired from two shows, the Sarah Silverman show and this.

It's a very strange moment in the commentary track on the 8-bit episode when he exclaims to himself something like: "What am I doing?" And I really was hoping he'd appear on the commentaries to explain the whole Evil Abed thing a bit more, but he's entirely absent from those episodes and from most of the commentary tracks sadly.

It's also odd that they keep commenting that they haven't seen the episodes on the commentaries as they either are just about to air that day or the writer's with them and says they haven't seen the finished product either. It's another issue with Harmon, he was too much of a perfectionist. You can't be doing a show for syndicated broadcast and delivering the episodes on the morning of the day they are to go to air. Poor guy wasn't really the right person for the role of showrunner it seems because of his own way of working.
- Jacques Derrida

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Alison Bree is on The Daily Show tonight - out now!
- Jacques Derrida

pissweak world
Muckraker

Three seasons and a movie

Post by pissweak world » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:46 pm

I love Community seasons 1-3, but the new episodes are missing Harmon.

I want Community to be gone forever so it can become a legend, like The Late Show.