Backup Logger Open For Business

If it's not related to The D-Gen or any of the other threads, post it on here!

Moderator: ShitScared

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Backup Logger Open For Business

Post by baudrillard » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:34 am

As a backup to SS, I've set up a logger myself. It records RRR, MMM - Melbourne and Sydney, JJJ, FoxFM, 2DayFM, Nova - Melbourne and Sydney, ABC - Melbourne and Sydney, Gold FM - Melbourne, 3AW, 2UE. I've posted this in the public area - as well as the members only area - because I just wanted to make sure that people knew that this was at their disposal and if you're not a member but see or notice someone you'd like to hear please just join up an post a note in this thread. It's teething days as I've only had it running for 2 days now and just went over all the connections to try and make sure I was doing it the most easy and effective way, it seems a lot more easily sorted out now.

Anyway, keep me posted, and unless I have a technical difficulty I should be able to post anything that anyone notices and wants to hear. I won't be editing the streams to remove music or commercials, I'll have to delegate that to whomever is willing to do it, instead I'll just be uploading the hour(s) or segment(s) if you can give me the time of the appearance.

Keep me posted and really nothing is off limits as it's up and running and waiting for your requests! I'll post if there's any teething difficulties. Keep an eye out as I have 12 streams or so coming in and won't be listening to any of them, so I'll be relying on people to point out what they want to hear. I'll be keeping each day's recordings of each station for a number of days and probably a week, possibly longer just in case.

Also if anyone wants any other stations logged or has any suggestions or feedback also post and let me know.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

plattopus
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by plattopus » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 am

Fantastic service, thank you sir (in advance).

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:40 am

I just had a drop out and I'll have to admit it's in beta-testing at the moment, so those are two things to bear in mind in regard to absolute reliability.

Cheers for your support plattopus.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

snatto gauro
Champagne Comedian

Post by snatto gauro » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Did we need a second nearly exact thread to the one at the top of the page?I appreciate the effort put in just not sure we needed 2 threads.

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Weren't there some legal issues in the past with openly handing out recordings of commercial broadcasts? Wasn't that why the "members-only" area was started up in the first place?
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"