Casey Hribar has passed away

If it's not related to The D-Gen or any of the other threads, post it on here!

Moderator: ShitScared

Lord Waftingham
Sandhurst Mechanic

Re: Casey Hribar has passed away

Post by Lord Waftingham » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:11 pm

I can scarcely believe this. This is deeply saddening, numbing, despairing. We'd been chatting just recently; Casey is the only on-line person that I could say I've 'friended'. I'm so sad we'll never meet, and never get to work on the things we'd planned to.

Rest now Casey, leave your troubles to fall away, fade, disappear and carry only that which you loved.
May you be remembered for the vast amount of good that you were a part of.
Sorry, and thank you.
Last edited by Lord Waftingham on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ontos
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Ontos » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:49 am

Wow, I only just heard the news. This is such a shock and so very saddening.

I hadn't spoken to Casey much recently, but I would still consider him very good friend. I first spoke to him when a lot of us were brought together due to the tragic death of Richard Marsland. On top of dealing with the loss of someone I really cared about (even though we'd never met) it was also my first time dealing with the suicide of someone that I cared about, so my emotions/opinions on the issue weren't very well thought out. Casey stood out as the the most caring, kind and helpful person on the forums/chat room. He was there talking many people (including me) through what had happened and helping them deal emotionally with what was going on. I was so grateful for the help he gave me and still remember it clearly to this day.

I stuck around in the chat room for a few years striking up and listening to many an interesting conversation with Casey and Snatto. He was such an intelligent and interesting person with a wide range of interests, opinions and beliefs, but his most stand out feature (and I know this is true because I've seen it said in plenty of other people's comments) was his passion for what he believed in. This passion seemed to inspire him to work harder to become more knowledgeable as well as help him to achieve all the goals he seemed to set for himself, I wish I knew more about him so I could say whether he achieved all those goals or not. The example we all saw was his passion for comedy. Comedy was obviously one of his biggest interests, he was such a great contributor to this and many other forums, and It always seemed that his opinions came from much thought and analysis of the topics being discussed. His passion didn't always gel well with differing opinions but can you blame someone for fighting for what they truly believe in.

I know he had plenty to deal with in his own life, but he was always there putting his hand up to help out, not just when somebody asked but also when no explicit request was made. He seemed to care so much about the people around him that he could see when they needed help but were not willing to ask. This was a level of kindness, passion and dedication to anonymous friends that I have never seen in anyone else I've met or befriended across the internet. I just hope that I showed him enough kindness in return.

He will be so sorely missed.

Tim/Ontos
and calling it policy!

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:49 am

Justin Hamilton speaks briefly about Bauds/Casey in his new podcast:

04:35 - 08:30

http://justinhamiltonau.podbean.com/e/e ... apiniaris/

It's quite loving and something those of us who didn't really know Casey, except through his online presence, can relate to.

Thanks Justin Hamilton.

Love to all!
BP

snatto gauro
Champagne Comedian

Post by snatto gauro » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:02 pm

Absolutely devastated after hearing this news, Casey and i have been in constant contact thru the net and sms everday for over 6 years, recently with work commitmnets i hadnt been able to contact Casey for a few days then i get back online and he is gone...i have no idea what has happened, Casey had issues in life like we all do but he and i were always there to get the others mind off things when everything got too much. Will miss our mammoth chats and loved the passion he had for all things comedy and politics.....life wont be the same without you mate.

logifuse
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by logifuse » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Very sad. He helped me greatly when Sports Fever needed some non-standard distribution & I took on the task.

Sniv Whettuce
Champagne Comedian

Post by Sniv Whettuce » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Shoddy news. Bizarrely, I was fossicking 'round my archives this week, and I saw an unknown mp3 file titled 'Me and John'. My name's John, and I had no idea what it was, so I was compelled to point an ear at it. It turned out to be Baudy giving John Laws some polite lip on the Golden Tonsils' radio show. As I said, shoddy news.

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:26 pm

I'd love to hear that Sniv, if possible....

Sniv Whettuce
Champagne Comedian

Post by Sniv Whettuce » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:47 pm

It's here, Biglet. I checked and the MediaFire file is still active.

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:16 am

Nice one Sniv, Cheers - That was a cracker!

Casey's Sister
Muckraker

Post by Casey's Sister » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Hey! I am Casey's sister Tifu. I don't undersatnd Big Props saying the Justin Hamilton podcast about my brother is "quite loving". It's just slanderous and was horrible for me and mum to hear because he has incorrect information and states that Case killed himself, which is not true at all. Justin should not have a podcast if he doesn't even know how to research. Please read the actual facts. I posted this on Case's facebook wall after I heard Justin's rubbish podcast. "I would like to clarify the facts of my brother's death as people are posting and gossiping about his death with totally incorrect information. The fact is, that Casey died from a severe asthma attack during which he fell and hit his head. This is the fact. This is the Coroner's report. If you see or hear anyone saying anything other than the facts, please refer them to this post. Feel free to share this post on blogs that Case was involved in. Thank you. Casey's sister Tifu."
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida