The Micallef T(h)rea(d)

If it's not related to The D-Gen or any of the other threads, post it on here!

Moderator: ShitScared

tommy five-tone
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by tommy five-tone » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:20 am

ShitScared wrote:What the heck? The credits for Mr & Mrs Murder were non-existent.

A website flashed for 1 second precisely.
Wasn't it the same for Scumbus? That seems to be Ten's preferred option these days. Less chance of people turning over between programs.

Espilae
Muckraker

Post by Espilae » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:46 am

Hi there - could somebody direct me to where I could find Mad as Hell episodes, the first series and the new series? Trying to find them through conventional means is a pain in the arse as I've moved to China and nobody seems to be uploading them.

rdmcphee
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by rdmcphee » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Shaun's Kenneth Williams impersonation was a highlight for me.
Actor Melvyn Hayes and stars of the Carry On films.

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:22 pm

tommy five-tone wrote:Wasn't it the same for Scumbus? That seems to be Ten's preferred option these days. Less chance of people turning over between programs.
Yeah, they did that to GNW too. Just disappointed that it was really - literally - 1 second.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:31 am

I'm not sure why you're surprised. This is how commercial networks all now seem to deal with all credits, but I guess they do usually give them more than one frame, they're normally split screened and thrown under to the side or below the next show starting up. Standard practice isn't it?
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:23 am

Fifi & Jules - 20th February 2013
from Fifi & Jules
1. Are you a nudist?
2. Rotweiler update.
3. Billie at Fifi's house.
4. Shaun Micallef.
5. No baby prep.
6. Julia Gillard.
7. Commitment ring.
8. Pirate McGee.

Direct link: http://austereo.castmetrix.net/podcast/ ... ry2013.mp3

Pick of The Bunch Weekly Podcast – 28th February 2013
from The Bunch
It’s another massive week for the Pick of the Bunch Podcast! We caught up with Michael Jackson’s brother Marlon ahead of the Jackson’s Aussie tour, Shaun Micallef made us “Madder than Hell”, Justin Hamilton tried hard not to be too confused by “Cloud Atlas”, Lord Mayor Lisa Scaffidi got our tummies rumbling, Pete Rowsthorn popped in with some advice and if that wasn't inspirational enough for you, we heard from donor recipient Caz and Dr Bruce Powell for Donate Life Week AND MORE!

Direct link: http://austereo.castmetrix.net/podcast/ ... ry2013.mp3
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 am

MyMP

Shaun Micallef interviewed by Tess Armstrong - 19.02.2013
https://soundcloud.com/tessarmstrong/19 ... allef-tess
- Jacques Derrida

IFMON
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by IFMON » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Thanks for the links, baudrillard. Shaun is also a Tuesday guest on Tom and Alex on JJJ for as long as MAH's on.
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/tomandalex/podcast/

So, what are people thinking of Mr&Mrs Murder? It's living up to my expectations, which weren't very high. I was hoping for Shaun's character to be a bit less placid, perhaps more Monk-like, though. Hoping we'll see more spark in him as it continues.
Apricot is a metal.

hegartez
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by hegartez » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:08 pm

I must admit I approached the first ep with some trepidation and I suspect that messed with my enjoyment- I loved the second one (which of course may well have been done before the first).

It's in an odd model with the mix of actual crime with (intentional!) humour - and very Aussie but not as a key humour element like The Castle etc - but somehow all that works. Also I watched second ep online on the Ch 10 site which interestingly plays each section between the commercials in sequence but without the ads!

May not rate like TAYG but it's brilliant to actually have a new Aus drama and I thing the risk paid off!

logifuse
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by logifuse » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

I'm loving both MAH & M&MM. I agree, the 2nd episode really hit its stride.