Tony Martin on ABC 702 last night!

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Did anyone ever get a copy of this interview?
13 schoolyards wrote:Oceanthroats is right - who wants to hear a comedian doing material he's taken time and effort to work out, when you could have some zany nutbag ranting on about their jocks from off the top of their head? After all, the best comedy always comes from taking no time or effort but just spouting rapid-fire wacky crap - check out The Shebang if you don't believe me. And The Cage. And The Penis Zoo. And the Spaz-Attack. And my mates down the pub.

(where's the sarcasm font on this keyboard?)
Where's the irony font. How standards have fallen when the person who said this champions talentless hacks who do this now... Oh no, Hamish and Andy are comedy legends above John Clarke, I forgot.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:37 pm

baudrillard wrote: Where's the irony font. How standards have fallen when the person who said this champions talentless hacks who do this now... Oh no, Hamish and Andy are comedy legends above John Clarke, I forgot.
I think you'll find I said it's foolish to blame Hamish & Andy for a decision made by management at Nine, not that they're in any way better than John Clarke. That's hardly a controversial view.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:20 am

Good to note you can't even stick to your own standards until they're eroded over time though.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:53 am

baudrillard wrote:Good to note you can't even stick to your own standards until they're eroded over time though.
I dimly recall you pleading with me to get past numerous offensive things you said about me in the past. In the light of your concern about my declining standards, you'll be glad to know that hasn't happened.

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:59 am

You can't get past things. I suggest anger-management therapy 13. There was no reason to snark at me in that thread. I'm sorry for anything I've ever done to offend to by feeling betrayed by you, but you never let things rest and you seem to be determined to carry this conflict to your grave. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I felt betrayed by you. And I'm sorry that when you snark at me, I let it upset me. It hurts me, I'm sorry I'm a sensitive person, maybe being a critic has hardened you. I once thought you were a friend. What can I say.
- Jacques Derrida

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:06 am

baudrillard wrote:You can't get past things. I suggest anger-management therapy 13. There was no reason to snark at me in that thread. I'm sorry for anything I've ever done to offend to by feeling betrayed by you, but you never let things rest and you seem to be determined to carry this conflict to your grave. I'm sorry.
I believe your recent comments about me here: showthread.php?p=59780#post59780
says all I need to say about the need for anger-management therapy. You may notice I haven't said anything personal about you, nor will I. Whatever issues we have are, at this late stage, of no interest to anyone but ourselves, and barely even us I would guess.

I reserve the right to be annoyed at someone bumping a thread to say something said by someone else two posts above though. It just seems rude to me - this forum is about more than just you (or I ) making announcements. It's a conversation.

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:08 am

I missed a single comment. Do you do anything but complain? Or is it that your mind-set as a critic is so steeped in criticism you can't help yourself.
- Jacques Derrida

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:16 am

baudrillard wrote:I missed a single comment. Do you do anything but complain? Or is it that your mind-set as a critic is so steeped in criticism you can't help yourself.
I've made a number of non-critical comments of late, but they're not in threads you post in so clearly you haven't seen them. [/snark]

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Before you post a reply, please read here.

Now

|
|
|
|

Back on topic :D
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M