Tony Martin on ABC 702 last night!

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Baron von Lego
Muckraker

Post by Baron von Lego » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:21 am

I'd wager Scod from Tripod nowadays has a monopoly on the bespectacled skinny Australian comedian with a guitar market.
Go you Huskies!

Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:33 pm

oceanthroats wrote:I seem to be one of the few people in the country who owns a copy of King of the Road. Judith has said a couple of times that it sold very very very badly. Like not that far off single figures. She didn't seem to be joking. It's an interesting enough cd but I haven't listened to it more than once, and the recording seemed a bit flat.
I have a copy of King of the Road. I'd agree that the album's a bit flat, which is a shame as when I saw the show live it was very funny. The reason it sold so badly is because they don't seem to have promoted it at all. If Judith hadn't mentioned it on Martin/Molloy I'd never have known about. Afterwards I spent ages trying to track it down and it took months to find it. Poor distribution, poor promotion: the enemy of any release.

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:04 am

god, maybe every single person who has a copy of her album is on this forum!

oceanthroats
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by oceanthroats » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:22 am

Well if Judith was right that might be true! Do you have a copy kim? Does anybody else? There wasn't much promotion I guess. She did go on Bert, I remember actually seeing her on Bert promoting it but I guess she didn't get on anywhere else. The copy I saw had been sitting in the CD shop for a long time when I finally decided to get the thing. I'll have to listen to it again but it didn't really fly. I blame Hessie's band a bit which might sound odd but it didn't seem to help. Maybe the recording and where they recorded it was too flat too.

On the subject of Tony he's made it to the nine MSN website! How did that happen? Was he on a nine show or something? http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=67876

BeerStud2
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by BeerStud2 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:35 am

oceanthroats wrote:On the subject of Tony he's made it to the nine MSN website! How did that happen? Was he on a nine show or something? http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=67876
Well spotted!
Great article aside from:
ninemsn wrote:Martin, who has worked in the television and radio industry for 22 years, wrote and performed in the popular radio comedy program Martin Malloy.
*humph*
Why is it so hard to get Mick's name right?!
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

RealInspectorShane
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by RealInspectorShane » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:45 pm

BeerStud2 wrote:
oceanthroats wrote:On the subject of Tony he's made it to the nine MSN website! How did that happen? Was he on a nine show or something? http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=67876
Well spotted!
ninemsn wrote:Martin, who has worked in the television and radio industry for 22 years, wrote and performed in the popular radio comedy program Martin Malloy.
*humph*
I really don't know. Then again, I had a neighbour a few years who referred to hating 'That Martin Molloy guy'.
"Bugger the Institute Jock!"

RealInspectorShane
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by RealInspectorShane » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:47 pm

RealInspectorShane wrote:
BeerStud2 wrote:
Well spotted!
*humph*
I really don't know. Then again, I had a neighbour a few years ago who referred to hating 'That Martin Molloy guy'.
"Bugger the Institute Jock!"

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:35 am

Good find on the article!

LOL 13 years on and the Vizard jabs keep on comin !! Maybe he shoulda called his movie 'BIG Eggs' instead of Bad ?

I like this tho..
Martin recently started work on a new film BoyTown, written by comedian Mick Molloy, in which he played a guy making a documentary about a band.
Yay !! Sounds like he'll actually have a somewhat substantial role... and a bit in the Spinal Tap vein ??
Traction Jackson

skel
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by skel » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:56 am

Tony is also 2nd Unit director of Boytown, so he may not be in it as much as we'd all like
Singo's a pooftah!

It's a new blog! Read it before I lose interest in it...
http://skelsmad.blogspot.com/http://www.skelsspew.blogspot.com

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:17 pm

skel wrote:Tony is also 2nd Unit director of Boytown, so he may not be in it as much as we'd all like
Or as he says on the Bad Eggs commentary..

"Eric Von Stroyheim's" 2nd Unit Directing...

LOL well anything more than 2.1 microseconds of screentime and the phrase 'This magnificent CASH bounty" and I'll be as happy as Phil Brady in a Tuxedo...
Traction Jackson