How are we all doing? Plus NEW DVD PROJECT ANNOUNCEMENT :-)

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

snausages
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by snausages » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:39 pm

and me

Thanks

BenjaminG
Muckraker

Post by BenjaminG » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi again guys,

Just a quick update. I've finally finished the Blu-ray discs I was working on. Wow. I love Blu-ray but like any technology in its infancy, there are quite a few bugs in the authoring software to be worked out. So frustrating! And a hundred or so bucks in coasters too, which is annoying.

Anyways, this now means I am freed up to start the Late Show extras discs as promised. I'm gonna take a few days off the computer, but I will get stuck into it next week. I'll have an update on what content will be on the disc very soon. I think it will be one disc (a very full disc mind), but if there is too much I will have to look at two discs.

I guess this would be an appropriate time to put a call out for any content you guys might have to add?

Cheers
Ben

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:42 am

Can't help with the content, but can provide my fair share of interest still.
Cheers Ben.
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

BenjaminG
Muckraker

Quick Update....

Post by BenjaminG » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick one. I am just converting the last of the video assets now (thanks to some last minute additional content!) I hope to have the final contents list known to the forum tomorrow, when I begin the disc authoring stage (menus, etc). At this stage it will either be one very packed DVD or two DVD's. Obviously for logistical reasons one disc is preferred but I won't reduce the quality of the video for the sake of doing that. Again, I will know tomorrow regarding this.

Also, it would be wrong to advertise it as a 'Late Show' extras disc, when it really encompasses everything from the original D-Genertation, Late Show, Frontline, the movies etc. So it will really exist separately from the Late Show DVD collection.

Alrighty, until (hopefully) tomorrow!

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Cheers Ben! I should have dug up that Tony on Denton piece and sent it to you... :(
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

deanoss
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by deanoss » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:41 pm

Sounds like a packed to the brim piece of work there Ben. And a whole bunch of work too. Kudos to you sir.
The above message is a Misguided production in association with Half Baked Ideas and Ill Conceived Concepts propriety limited.

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:31 am

Looking forward to it, Ben.
I'm a thinker.... I thinka!

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi all,

Hi Ben, would mind being in on the Extras disc.

Hope everyone is well. Hi to Ben G, Mason H-K, Kimbo, Bean, Shitscared, Menagers, 13 and all the forum members who I haven't touched base with for so looong....

I'll try to stick my head in more often....

(my post count seems so inadequate now LOL)

hoo roo
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:49 am

Nice to see you Steve :)
I'm a thinker.... I thinka!

SnurpyMooks
Muckraker

Post by SnurpyMooks » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi there. I am definitely keen for this.