Graham & The Colonel return again !!!!!

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Graham & The Colonel return again !!!!!

Post by LSNut » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:47 pm

Did anyone catch The Panel Xmas special last night ???

We'll you guessed it - G&TC made a return appearance and it was every bit as funny as last year and of course the old days ...

I'll try and do a transcript later - havent really got a video transfer thingo handy to do an MPG at this stage..

Also funny was Santo doing a wog sketch with Kate Langbroek who I have to say almost did a better wog chick than Santo did wog guy !!! I think he's a bit out of practice but either way was still great..

:D
Traction Jackson

Gino T
Muckraker

Post by Gino T » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:53 pm

Yep, two hands operating the most important part of the car - the stereo

Classic !!

jamesyboi
Muckraker

Post by jamesyboi » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:03 pm

haha they rocked
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast
is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to
strap buttered toast to the back of a cat; the two will hover, spinning inches
above the ground.

lucasbucksheriff
Muckraker

Post by lucasbucksheriff » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:13 am

Did think that Jane would have been better than Kate to play the wog chick just like she did in the infamous "she makes me feel really good about being a dumb slut" sketch. However, the show was extremely good though I thought Graham & the Colonel were a little off colour (especially their jackets) but at least they had the big props! Also, Rob again confirmed that he is a class above the rest with his Myer live cross.

billybalakalai
Muckraker

Post by billybalakalai » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:00 pm

as much as I was happy to see G&C i thought it was pretty crappy

nowhere near as good as last year, and what ? they couldn't even find the original wigs ?

oh well the decline was due to come... now they only drag them out for the advertising crap - sad really :(

Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:00 am

I thought they did well and Im always happy to see them, however well they perform.
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)

billybalakalai
Muckraker

Post by billybalakalai » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:25 pm

Mason Hell-Cat wrote:I thought they did well and Im always happy to see them, however well they perform.
and therein lies the problem.

They KNOW there are fans who will go and see them no matter what they do, no matter how bad it is - so then they think - why bother trying ?
if the fans accept any old crap anyway - we will just do crap for the rest of our days....

Daniel G
Sandhurst Mechanic

I recorded it digitally, BTW

Post by Daniel G » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:42 pm

Incidentally, I managed to record the whole programme in High Definition on my computer. Apart from a small glitch at the start of The Veronicas' performance, it's crystal-clear, and as it's HD on Ten, watermark-free. If anyone's interested in getting a DVD copy, e-mail me at daniel g online at gmail dot com.
BUT WAIT!! (No reason, but thanks anyway.)

Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:48 am

billybalakalai wrote:
Mason Hell-Cat wrote:I thought they did well and Im always happy to see them, however well they perform.
and therein lies the problem.

They KNOW there are fans who will go and see them no matter what they do, no matter how bad it is - so then they think - why bother trying ?
if the fans accept any old crap anyway - we will just do crap for the rest of our days....
I think therein lies the problem.

They did a skit for charity and should be highly lauded regardless of snooty 'fans' thinking they aren't up to scratch.
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:47 pm

Mason Hell-Cat wrote: They did a skit for charity and should be highly lauded regardless of snooty 'fans' thinking they aren't up to scratch.
Yeah, kudos to them for the charity side of things, but it's still a shame that they aren't doing 'professional' G&TC somewhere as well. I don't think it's asking too much of fans to hold them to a reasonable standard for their non-charity work - there has to come a point where you can say "Nah, the final year of The Panel [for example] didn't work for me." I just hope their new movie projects will be a bit of fun and not some serious dramatic thing.

Or at least, not just a serious dramatic thing. Where's the Warwick Todd mockumentary? Or the Oz Brothers road movie?
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"