Postcard from Movie World

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

loop
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by loop » Fri May 11, 2012 6:48 am

I went to Movie World yesterday but the thing I was most excited about was getting a picture of the wheelchairs and strollers/movie world sign combo.Image
I had to get this shot too.
Sadly the Police Academy stunt show is no more. Now they have the Stunt Driver show.
I think Movie World may have taken a leaf out of Shitscared with having the bumbling sidekick in a blue jumpsuit that messes things up which resulted in this photo
I just missed capturing the biggest fireball I have ever seen.
*MYSTIFIED SILENCE*

TL: DR "They look for a fucking can of Tuna for 310 pages"
-
The Road by Cormac McCarthy

loop
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by loop » Fri May 11, 2012 7:00 am

I did the Journey to the center of the Earth 4D Experience. I did wear the right glasses.Image
I couldn't help thinking "There's always money in the banana stand."
I also thought this was an unlikely pairing
I kept reading it as Blazing Saddles Prayer Room.
*MYSTIFIED SILENCE*

TL: DR "They look for a fucking can of Tuna for 310 pages"
-
The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Ontos
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Ontos » Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 am

Did you get a Frozen Banana then go to the 'Blazing Saddles Prayer Room'?

I wonder if they're Bluth Frozen Bannanas or the original Korean Cold Banana in Delicious Brown Taste.
and calling it policy!

foolhardycousingeorge
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by foolhardycousingeorge » Fri May 11, 2012 10:46 am

My brother and I visited Movie World in late 1996.

I remember the Police Academy Stunt show. Two things stick out from this. Firstly, there was an usher dressed as Charlie Chaplain's character from Keystone Kops.

Secondly, there was a man called Rodney, (an audience member, we were told, but actually a cast member) who hailed from Tasmania. He played the obnoxious tourist. He spat water on a bunch of cast members playing Police Academy type police officers. Rodney got roped into participating in the stunt show. He stood on the roof of one of the buildings, then fell into the same skip that Mick apparently did on S**t Scared.

It's interesting to read that the stunt show at Movie World still has comic elements, even with it being reworked.
loop wrote:I went to Movie World yesterday but the thing I was most excited about was getting a picture of the wheelchairs and strollers/movie world sign combo.Image
I had to get this shot too.
Sadly the Police Academy stunt show is no more. Now they have the Stunt Driver show.
I think Movie World may have taken a leaf out of Shitscared with having the bumbling sidekick in a blue jumpsuit that messes things up which resulted in this photo
I just missed capturing the biggest fireball I have ever seen.
".....that's what's ahead here on Martin Molloy; the only radio show with an inner core of sphagnum."

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Fri May 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Brilliant Thread - Well Done...

Brought back some memories....
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu