replay the late show?

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

theRapscallion
Muckraker

replay the late show?

Post by theRapscallion »

I know this has probably been done to death, but with all the extra freeview abc channels that are around these days, why not get a replay of the late show happening?

I mean if Sylvania Waters can get a replay on there, can't anything?

Sure its a bit out of date and not topical for todays standard but still damn funny/entertaining.

There are 8000 followers on facebook of the late show, surely we could kick up a storm like Hey Hey its Saturday did a few years back.

The fact that it would be the 20th anniversary wouldn't hurt either..

Somehow I feel like people are frowning and shaking their heads after reading this
*Thinking -"you poor naive bastard" :-)
theRapscallion
Muckraker

Post by theRapscallion »

Just watched episode 2 with the skit where they are all dressed as police. Now I see that it might be a problem getting it on air...
Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props »

I know there was a thread around here somewhere where people were suggesting we all watch an episode each week for 20th Anniversary, but not everyone has the eps.

I've seen some channels on Just_inTv that replay episodes on loop - So maybe, with BenG's approval, some Tech Savvy member could stream a different episode each Saturday to cover all time-zones.

I'm sure were all old enough now that spending 20 Saturday night's indoors is a blessing not a curse ;-)
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu
Lord Waftingham
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by Lord Waftingham »

Surely ABC could pick their lowest rating show at what ever time of day and just replace it with TLS ? Another idea might be to stop putting kids programming on all three channels at once.

Sylvania Waters got repeated ? There is no justice in this world. That was as offensive as anything I've seen, surely all TLS material would be no worse than PG-rated now.

And if I could manage to stay at home Sat nights back then, I sure can do it now. Alas, no 'Full Set' and no bandwidth to watch it online.
...funny how Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions remind me more of Tony Martin...

Duuuude looks like a lady. Pete Smith speaking | RickyM, How come ? BeyondBlue
loop
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by loop »

I had a go at setting up an account with justin.tv and got some vision playing from my desktop. Maybe that's the way to go. See for yourself here
*MYSTIFIED SILENCE*

TL: DR "They look for a fucking can of Tuna for 310 pages"
-
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props »

Tidy work Loop...

Re: Rap & Wafti - I could be wrong, but i'm sure i've heard somewhere that the ABC don't have the original TLS episodes....I may be wrong though....
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu
loop
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by loop »

i'm currently streaming best bits volume 1 just as a test.
*MYSTIFIED SILENCE*

TL: DR "They look for a fucking can of Tuna for 310 pages"
-
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball »

Big Props wrote:Tidy work Loop...

Re: Rap & Wafti - I could be wrong, but i'm sure i've heard somewhere that the ABC don't have the original TLS episodes....I may be wrong though....
They would be in the boot of Tony's car though.
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball
Lord Waftingham
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by Lord Waftingham »

Well I wasn't going to say it.
...funny how Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions remind me more of Tony Martin...

Duuuude looks like a lady. Pete Smith speaking | RickyM, How come ? BeyondBlue
ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared »

As I knew this was going to happen one day, I tried an experiment with YouTube.

As a test, I uploaded the entire first episode. It worked a treat.

Then a week later, it was bombarded with copyright claims from record companies. Mainly due to the Countdown segment. Then the record company representing The Bee Gees marked it automatically - only for a 10 second scene where Robin Gibb stumbles from the room to the outdoors. It was then blocked worldwide.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M