Hi there

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

DaveyLane
Muckraker

Hi there

Post by DaveyLane » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Hiya,

I don't know why, for all these years, I hadn't stumbled on this site earlier! Big big fan of the Late Show and all associated projects...

I play in a band that tours around Australia quite a bit called You Am I, and The Late Show DVD, Frontline, and the Martin/Molloy records have gotten us through MANY hours of dull van rides, flights and waiting around in hotel rooms! In fact Tim, the singer in our band was on Martin/Molloy as a guest a few times around '97/'98....

Of course, I'd love eventually to get my hands on the complete collection that some of you have lovingly compiled, but have read all the info and happy to enjoy this forum here til I'm deemed worthy! :-D

Anyways, it's made my day to discover this.

Cheers!

Davey

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:24 am

Hey man. Welcome to the forum!
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi Davey! Welcome to the forum. There's lots to check out. You Am I and The Late Show were a perfect combination in the 90s, during my high school and uni years! :-D
I'm a thinker.... I thinka!

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:00 am

Come play a gig in Dublin and I'll personally throw 20 DVD's up on stage for ye.
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu