Santo (& Sam[and possibly Tom]) Filling in on MMM for two weeks

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Santo and Sam - The Rush Hour - Going For Gold - Friday Ep 10 - http://bit.ly/MY0P4z
- with guest Ed Kavalee, who pays out the music, and a return appearance by Rob!
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Santo was on Merrick and The Highway Patrol yesterday too... http://bit.ly/P2824r
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Cheers Baud!
I'm a thinker.... I thinka!

logifuse
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by logifuse » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:04 pm

Awesome Bauds!

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks. I will have to go back and see if i missed any of the live reads, by the end they were just getting Higgo to do them, they just couldn't take the product or the concept of plugging a product seriously enough - hence Higgo eventually just doing them himself. So I should check.
- Jacques Derrida

dizzy_stuff
Muckraker

Post by dizzy_stuff » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Thank U 4 these.

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 am

Hope you listened to all the songs.. there were one or two which got the "Get This" treatment - 7/8/12 ep they were playing Aerosmith - Living On The Edge and they played a wookie effect over the pause.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Yeah, no I wasn't listening to them do anything like breaking with the format at all and didn't even allow for it in the method I took towards editing them. I just considered it as slabs of talk interspersed with white noise of differing varieties. That led me to miss the live reads from the earlier shows - them being more part of the format than I'd expected but not taking it seriously. I'm only fortunate enough that I noticed Sam do the sports report himself in the last one and someone mentioned the live reads.

The live reads were really ramshackle so I'll have to dig up the early ones and I guess listen to the music. I just didn't expect them to be in the ad break, let alone piss farting around with the music, so it's commendable to hear that they did. They really did make fun of the live reads and promoting products, well, except for Higgo of course.

I guess I'll have to actually listen to them from the source and update them. Thanks for letting me know SS, otherwise I never would have known.

Thanks guys!!!
- Jacques Derrida

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:14 am

Yes, Thanks again also. I have 3 more episodes to go and am enjoying them very much.

I think it says a lot that the Olympics are well and truly over and I'm still getting a laugh out of them. I guess Champagne Comedy is timeless..

Cheers..
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

Beros
Muckraker

Post by Beros » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:31 pm

just heard the last show - oh my goodness - Wayne from St Albans "hello am I on"

timeless stuff
Too old........No interest