Santo (& Sam[and possibly Tom]) Filling in on MMM for two weeks

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks for that IFMON.

Should have the third one up later tonight, just not sure when yet.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:42 pm

mootsy wrote:Look I agree with you, but Mick makes the show interesting and its not all about sport, they also discuss politics and current affairs. Its no secret that him, santo and tom like sports and their show is about the olympics, so its all sport. I like sports as well to be honest, but they all incorporate humour into that format.

so now we have three d generators on the network, why stop there?

maybe Tone could get a show on the J's?
I kind of knew it wouldn't all be about sport from the podcast descriptions. I've kept almost all of the episodes so maybe one day... But it's just that Eddie is really that offensive. I kind of wish I thought podcasts actually ended up with the best material or well edited or whatever and just listen to those but I'm still afraid of skipping past or hearing Eddie's voice for fear of having a stroke.

I had heard that when JJJ gave Merrick and Rosso the heave-ho to commercial radio, the justification was to make room for less established talent. I think that's what the issue with JJJ is really in regard to Tony, but there's exceptions and a fair few so I don't know to be honest, maybe and this is why I imagine DMG aren't trying to get Tony on Nova is the youth demographic. Nova were all too happy to snap up Ed from MMM, and Austereo retained Richard. But Tony isn't MMM material really and don't forget Martin-Molloy was "on the girls' station" according to the experts at Austereo marketing analysis/branding to their surprise. They know what they're doing... for sure.

"Next we'll have on Whacka Prentice on Footy, Footy, Footy, Footy, Footy, Footy, Footy." - sketch parodying the Footy show and I think a few other concepts/formats from memory. No, I do miss Mick, wish he'd do something else away from Eddie... but I know what you mean. It's Mick. He wouldn't completely just do purely sports, and I did hear some stuff when he first joined that made it a hard decision.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:13 pm

It's up!

Santo and Sam - 01-08-12

PH link to follow...

PH Direct link: http://bit.ly/N1uUkk

Thanks again to Gene for editing today. Trev. Marmalade was the guest today... and Harry Shearer!!
- Jacques Derrida

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:35 am

Thanks very much for these - grabbing the first one now...
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

logifuse
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by logifuse » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:09 am

Cheers again Bauds. I'm listening in the middle of the (following) day & it's fun to listen to the discussions about what's coming up "tonight" already knowing the results.

My favourite gag so far is the one about which lane(s) Leisel Jones will be in by Sam towards the end of the 1st show, but I'm a cruel person.

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:08 pm

^

The Lanes joke was good Logi, as was the bits missing from the opening ceremony - The Brixton Riots weren't represented, or the Black Plague.

Tommy G's news style segment was very "At the news desk" - Brilliant stuff.

Glen Robbins had a few corkers as well - The lline about losing Olympians should make there way home in the fashion of the event in which they lost :mrgreen:

Spud (Car'n the Saints) Frawley couldn't stop talking about James Brayshaw, which means there was no chance of forgetting which "Blokey Blokes" station this was being broadcast from - Thanks to Bauds best efforts in snipping out the adverts. Otherwise you could have easily thought you were listening to a non commercial broadcast - Nice work again !!

On a side note, There is something quite disturbing about watching Ian Thorpe on BBC coverage saying to a co-presenter "We should do really well in this event" when he is talking about Great Britain (Sorry, Team GB) and not Australia - We Thorpe - We ??? You're Australian Pecker Head !!!
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

logifuse
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by logifuse » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Yeah, it's been really good. The horse sound effects have been disturbing though.

The national anthems have been great. I find myself singing them through the afternoon.

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks bauds, can't wait to get into them!
Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:01 am

Well this is late. Watch out for the live reads this time in particular. I missed out on them completely in the episode I edited, so I was more careful this time.

PH direct link: Santo and Sam - The Rush Hour - Going For Gold - Thursday - ep 04 http://bit.ly/QiRWGi

Includes BLAST FM type moment right at the start of the show.
- Jacques Derrida

logifuse
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by logifuse » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:37 am

Thanks again!