Thought I'd drop in again

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Nickamc
Muckraker

Thought I'd drop in again

Post by Nickamc » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:03 pm

Hey guys,

I get birthday emails from this site every year, it reminds me of the show and how much I used to love it.

Also, I work at Play DVD and Music, top of Bourke st in Melbourne, next door the Late Show-famous Job Warehouse, and we happen to get Pete Smith in to our store about once a month looking for certain DVD oddities. We had a funny little chat last time about the origin of the Apple name and original Macintosh logo, he had a theory that he swore he concocted himself about the entire Apple brand being a salute to Alan Turing, a closeted computer scientist from the early 20th century who pioneered many theories and designs in modern computing, who was shamed by his homosexuality and died reportedly of suicide by biting into an apple laced with cyanide. Pete believed that Apple's logo was a salute to the scientist, and also the rainbow colours on the Macintosh computer apple. I mentioned to him that the very first Apple logo was of Isaac Newton sitting under an Apple tree, but we both thought his hypothesis sounded more interesting.

I'm gonna try and stick around the site this time.

Cheers! To more truly Champagne Comedy!