Anyone Met Any D-Gen Members?

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

BenG
Sandhurst Mechanic

Anyone Met Any D-Gen Members?

Post by BenG » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:12 pm

Wondering if anyone has met any of the D-Gen crew?

I havent (but I extremely narrowly missed meeting Tony Martin when he was in Hobart to promote Bad Eggs. I was only 2 minutes away. I coulda cried. But my friend met him, and he got him to sign his Champagne Collection DVD (which I will scan and include on the Late Show DVDs.

Any one else?

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:33 pm

I was in the same room as Jane once for a 1994 awards ceremony... also my friend D. said Mick was doing a stand up show at our uni in the mid 90s (she was a couple of years above me so I hadn't joined yet), and she snuck into his dressing room while he was in his undies. He wasn't happy!

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:34 pm

I would kill to meet T.Martin !! I reckon we would get along great..

I've bumped into Mick Molloy a couple of times.

First time was at Crackerjack DVD signing at Knox City (got mine signed!) - I even got Mick to speak to my friend on my mobile - first words he said were.. 'Hey Megs, thanks for the great sex last night !!!'

Classic!

Second time was recently at Mai Mai Vietnamese Restaurant in Vic St Richmond (Mick apparently hangs around Richmond a lot) - sitting at table opposite but didn't really speak to him.. he had 2 or 3 blonde hotties sitting with him tho ;-)

My friend I mentioned above has also met Tommy G - she was too speechless to say much sensible at the time!

kim
Champagne Comedian

d-gen by proxy

Post by kim » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:19 am

tanya blencowe, the olympic ambassador joined our school in 1994... we were in year 12 and she was the kid everyone wanted to bash up.

during our school swimming carnival we took her hostage (as a joke). rumour is she became a teen mother!

in the early days of this site, a regular visitor who knew piffy used to email me from time to time.

i realise i'm stretching the relationship between me ane d-gen here, so i'll stop now.

BenG
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by BenG » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:09 pm

Haha! Thats pretty funny re Tanya Blencowe!

frenchchicks in the nuddy
Muckraker

Post by frenchchicks in the nuddy » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:39 pm

More news on tanya blencowe
I managed a health club in the sutherland shire of sydney and on one of our open days Tanya Blencowe, now married and mother of a 3 or 4 year old daughter arrives and joins the gym. I was rather excited about this, but none of my ignorant staff even cared or new who she was :-(
Apparently she got knocked up by a guy at church when she was 17 or something.
I guess she just could never come to terms with John Fahey taking over her role as our Olympic ambassador

BenG
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by BenG » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:39 pm

"Oh.. I will!"

allan

Post by allan » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:06 am

Nearly ran over Mick Molloy the other day in Richmond!!!
Met Santo one night at a TISM record launch and could have talked to him for hours. The first thing I looked at was his shoes if they are slipons and they were!! I'm sure there was a late show joke in there somewhere.
He also told me at a TISM concert he was spotted at the corner of the stage and the crowd all chanted "Santo is a wog" typical TISM crowd.
Tried to get the 2 episodes i was missing and he gave me the number for working dog but they could not help me :(
Ben has fixed me up with the eps i needed :D
Also Uncle Alberto's house was just around the corner from my old house(oak park)and the spoof about wogs that "I don't agree with tastefull homes" which is in Brunswick is close by.
Cheers
Allan

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:13 am

Does Uncle Alberto's house still look the same? Did you sneak in to see if the furniture was genuine onyx?

OMG so it's true about Tanya Blencowe (who went to my girls' school when we were in yr 12 and she was in yr 7)! Our school was one of those 'selective' types, where you need to do a special exam and so on to get in, and there was always huge academic pressure on the 'ladies' to go onto uni and get a career and whatever. Classic.

OH rumour was that Lucky Grills (Bargearse) bought a townhouse about two doors away from our house in the mid 90s, forgot to mention that. Never saw him, but there was always a noxious smell nearby. :lol:

How was Santo anyway? I would love to meet him. The wogs spoof is a pisstake of a Bob Dylan video isn't it? Maybe we can put that on the extras DVD.

BeerStud2
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by BeerStud2 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:01 pm

In 1992 I was at an ABC picnic in the park in Parramatta and met:
- Rob
- Santo
- Jane

And got them to sign one of those promotional cards they had.

Then in 1994 I met Tony Martin after a stand up show he did in Paddington, and Rob Sitch also happened to be in the crowd. Got them both to sign stuff for me.

In 1995 I met Tony Martin and Mick Molloy at a Brown Album signing.

2 years ago I met Mick Molloy at a Crackerjack signing.

Oh and also around 1996 or something I met Lucky Grills (Bargearse) at a video signing.