The Day Finally Arrived... [Bens last post]

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

BenjaminG
Muckraker

The Day Finally Arrived... [Bens last post]

Post by BenjaminG » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:04 pm

Hi all,

Well the day finally arrived. Someone has uploaded the complete collection of Late Show DVDs to the internet.

I don't want to be too hypocritical about it, but to everyone that I burned copies for, I specifically requested that no copies were to be made and strictly no uploading of episodes was to take place. At the end of the day, I worked with noble intentions, however it was strictly wrong, so I needed to protect myself.

Unfortunately now the gloves are off, and despite the attention and thanks I am getting, my name has been implicated and the anonymousness of this closed forum environment has been blown.

I'm afraid that if I cannot reason with the uploader, I have no choice but to cease all contact with the forum and delete my account. I cant afford to really be involved any longer, or draw any further attention to myself. I don't think I have to explain to anyone the seriousness of copyright infringement.

Of course, any more DVDs for others are strictly out of the question.

I knew this day would come, and to be honest I wanted it to happen... just later on, on my terms and when I could distance myself from things more than I have. I'm very disappointed that someone went behind my back to do this. And I don't think its wrong to be annoyed at the thanks this person is getting for doing so.

I would like to extend my thanks for your friendship over the years, and especially to Kim for creating the site. Thanks to all who helped with the collection and supplying high quality masters.

Thanks all

Ben

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm

Bummer! You probably won't answer it, but is it being distributed via bittorrent or is it on youtube or any place like that?

It could either

a) be someone from here
b) someone from here made copies for someone who doesn't know about the code we have for the dvds

Sorry to hear it's happened.. all your hard work...

EDIT - Nevermind - I found the culprit and the site.

Makes me wonder sometimes if I should be doing the work I do from where I'm at..
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

BenjaminG
Muckraker

Post by BenjaminG » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:13 pm

bittorrent. I wouldnt care so much if it was youtube.

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:23 pm

Such a shame - they don't even give you credit!!

:( Now I'm pissed off for you.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

BenjaminG
Muckraker

Post by BenjaminG » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:24 pm

I have been in contact with the admin. I specifically dont want credit. But I dont want anyone else to take credit either.

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:30 am

I too, am also pissed for for you and all those whose contributed tapes to the project. I must admit, I can't even find them on Bittorrent, having never visited the site. I would personally like to thank Ben for what you have done over the years, and karma will come to the person responsible for the act.
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46

SandhurstMachinery
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by SandhurstMachinery » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:27 am

What a b*stard.

I've noticed whenever a newbie on the forum asks where they can get copies of the show, they are politely asked to do a bit of digging around. Everyone here seems to have done the right thing & not advertised it, but it only takes one idiot to stuff it up for everyone.

Thanks Ben for all the effort you put in.
"Fashion is danger"

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:39 pm

And if you got a copy thru the correct channels, wouldn't you be happy with that? Why spread them around? I don't get the logic.

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:28 pm

Presumably somebody wanted to big note themselves by spreading this around. Whether it was someone who simply didn't know better or someone who didn't really care doesn't matter much.

Thanks again Ben for all your hard work and effort - it's been much appreciated (and enjoyed!) over the years.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:55 pm

Yes ditto Ben. Without the project, I could not have completed my web site. So a big thank you, mate.

Member #46