The Day Finally Arrived... [Bens last post]

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Fri May 18, 2012 2:52 am

:mrgreen:

I like your style Cio Cio..
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

Cio Cio San
Muckraker

Post by Cio Cio San » Fri May 18, 2012 8:31 am

I think the reward would outweigh the risk on this one...:neutral:

NobodyWearsWalls
Muckraker

Post by NobodyWearsWalls » Sat May 19, 2012 10:10 am

Cio Cio San wrote:Would you consider me sending you a brand new hard drive in its wrapper for you to just dump everything on? I'll cover all postage costs etc.

Sorry to sound so desperate, i know i'm new here but i would definitely take it upon myself to be one of the new members happy to help out the newer members after me.
Great idea Cio Cio!! I would definitely be interested in doing the same.

You're right Baudy - copying 20 discs per person seems a bit old school these days anyway...
anything for Snatto fans ???

plattopus
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by plattopus » Sun May 20, 2012 12:27 pm

I would also love to do the same. If anyone has TLS, TMMS and anything else that may be of interest (and can put it on a hard drive for me) please PM me.

Cio Cio San
Muckraker

Post by Cio Cio San » Mon May 21, 2012 9:30 am

Well, to take the heat off baudrillard (and anyone else), i'd be happy to begin helping out others - i don't have it yet but once i do, i will!

Get back to me when you can baudy.

BenjaminG
Muckraker

Post by BenjaminG » Sat May 26, 2012 9:44 pm

So I just logged in for the first time in over a year. Glad to see the project is still alive. I was thinking how the show is about to celebrate its 20th anniversary so I pulled out a VHS the other day and it had significantly degraded. I'm pleased we saved it when we did.

Funny to read my 5 year old post and freaking out that the AFP were about to bust my doors down but no one ever contacted me - bar the warning from the ABC a few years earlier.

Glad to see the community is still alive. I'll try and poke my head in a bit more regularly :-)

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Sat May 26, 2012 11:56 pm

I'm glad you've posted Ben. It's a great debt we all owe you and it's good to know what your feelings are on the matter now after all this time has passed. I have always wondered what would be the appropriate thing to do and as we've had people ask so many times - sometimes making their very first and only post saying "WHERE ARE THE DISCS?" like Jack Bauer, and without even contributing to the forum - it's been a difficult thing to think what was right or respectful to you to do considering what you had said. The best thing is that they go out in as high a quality as we have them, so the drives/DVDs are the best way to preserve the quality too, hence the whole restoration being preserved. I'd almost thought the ABC thing was a thing of myth even though I'd heard it! We certainly have be quite blessed despite your angst at the time. I remember after show ended, lamenting to someone about not having all of the episodes, and I know countless others have too. Thanks again.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Sun May 27, 2012 5:10 am

^ = Legend..

Welcome Back Ben G.

The DVD's you posted me many years ago, arrived in my new home a few weeks back, after we had been separated for over 4 years..

I hope they haven't degraded like your VHS...
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Sun May 27, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm glad you've posted Ben. It's a great debt we all owe you and it's good to know what your feelings are on the matter now after all this time has passed. I have always wondered what would be the respectful thing to do and as we've had people ask so many times - without even contributing to the forum - it's been a difficult things to think what was right or respectful to you to do.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

unfrufru
Muckraker

Post by unfrufru » Mon May 28, 2012 3:36 pm

i'd be willing to send someone a harddrive to get loaded up. would it fit on an 16gb or 32gb USB?
then in turn i can do the same for others. share the love!!