The Day Finally Arrived... [Bens last post]

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:01 pm

I'd also like to thank you Ben for allowing me to see the first episode of The Late Show for the first time, and to relive all the others. The amount of additional stuff you made available was amazingly wonderful too. Thanks so much.
I just want to pop him on a bit of toast and eat him right up.

louie
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by louie » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:28 pm

wasn't me. thanks to ben for all his hardwork, but these things do happen.

kichigai
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by kichigai » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:05 pm

Thanks ben for all of your hard work. You are a true gentleman and champion. You have made us all very happy people.

All the best.

waker
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by waker » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:56 am

This is very sad. Ben, thanks from me too for supplying me with copies. Without you, the show would be lost to us fans!

Muckraker
Muckraker

Post by Muckraker » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:00 am

Sorry to hear its come to this.

Ben, you've brought much joy to all who have gotten copies through you. As someone who subsisted on re-watching the 'The Best Bits' so often my flatmates would start to shake when I went anywhere near the DVD-player - I'd like to say you have been a life saver!

And if the person who has uploaded them is reading, please abide by Ben's request, you are stuffing it up for everyone!!

Thanks Ben!
I don't give a 'Financial Advise'

Heike Dreschler
Muckraker

Post by Heike Dreschler » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:29 pm

well, this is certainly sad sad news. especially as i dont have the copies i am so desperately searching for.

i must say that i am one of the folks that was asked to search around through the various posts for leads, and eventually found who to talk to. however, i was unable to get in contact with the mythical Ben, either via PM on this site, or via anyone who seemed to have known him in the past. (thanks to those who responded to PMs).

Let it remain to be said- i am still searching for a copy of the series. much thanks and gratitude to anyone that can assist me from here...

Cheers

Brad
I've got a very big prop.

wogsncash
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by wogsncash » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:09 pm

I too would like to say it is a sad day, I have been searching for many moons for such a national treasure as this one. I envy those of you who possess such a gift and think of us who are stuck with only the entree of the 'Best Bits' who can never now enjoy the full banquet that once was on offer.

Let us now all face Launceston and mourn!
The 'Ford Crumple' remember that or what about the 'Holden DeathTrap' now that was a car.

lucasbucksheriff
Muckraker

Post by lucasbucksheriff » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:28 pm

This country's stuffed. STUFFED.

People are morons - what more can I say?

A huge thankyou to Ben. Rest assured my copies are in the vault at Bessiebelle where they will never be used for such purposes. Hell, I wouldn't even know where or how to begin such a crime.

Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:00 am

this is indeed a bad thing to happen and I feel bad for Ben.
I truly hope you continue to be a part of this forum however mate. The contributions you have made on top of the dvds have been outstanding.
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)

Daniel G
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by Daniel G » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:11 pm

I thought about releasing it to a LAN party a couple of years ago. I shudder to think how huge the consequences would've been. Thankfully, that never happened as I've never gotten around to re-encoding the DVDs! This is still a sad moment, though, as a couple of my DVDs have become corrupted near the edges, and now I don't know how I'm going to get replacements.
BUT WAIT!! (No reason, but thanks anyway.)