The Day Finally Arrived... [Bens last post]

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Boots
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by Boots » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:50 pm

It's been over 12 months and im still waiting for mine :(

Blank DVD's and $20 cash......down the drain it seems.

RobnMick
Muckraker

Post by RobnMick » Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 am

I am EXTREMELY KEEN to get the complete DVD's - anyone able to help. Happily pay cash..

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Mon May 02, 2011 7:45 pm

"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

RobnMick
Muckraker

Post by RobnMick » Mon May 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Ok, fair call, though I am very keen. IS there any discussion about the new Working Dog film 25 - can't seem to see a forum discussion!

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Mon May 16, 2011 9:57 pm

RobnMick wrote:Ok, fair call, though I am very keen. IS there any discussion about the new Working Dog film 25 - can't seem to see a forum discussion!

showthread.php?t=2025&highlight=working+film
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

Cio Cio San
Muckraker

Post by Cio Cio San » Wed May 09, 2012 4:24 pm

You've gotta start somewhere, and here i am. Been reading a lot of forum pages, not sure how active this thread is these days but anyway.

Hi everyone! :)

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Thu May 10, 2012 2:28 am

Hello Madame, Welcome, Ko ni chi wa, Ciao.
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

Cio Cio San
Muckraker

Post by Cio Cio San » Thu May 17, 2012 11:45 am

Merci!

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 pm

I just wish that there were some means of this being streamlined. It simply can't be as it takes peoples' time and effort to be running off 20 discs of TLS whenever anyone asks. It's difficult to co-ordinate. We've had people like snatto and meatball volunteer and large quantities have been sent out.

Meaty had a rule that people had to make a certain number of posts first so that people didn't just hit and run asking for copies of the show and then buggering off never to be seen again.

Maybe it's time for those who have received them from such kind members of the forum to further pass on copies to the newer members of the forum rather than it be left to the same people endlessly as it takes time and effort and it does take a toll having to do this continually for people as they join.

I don't even have a DVD burner that I know how to use anymore. They're things of the past to me. I'd rather rip a DVD to my harddrive and throw the disc away to be honest. I used to be obsessive about packaging, but it's completely redundant unless you have a fetish for packaging really. Anything contained on the packaging can be looked up online anyway. I now have a nice collection of hard drives - they go for 100 dollars for 2 terrabytes these days people - think of how many DVDrs that is and the shelf life of a DVD is considerably smaller than a well preserved hard drive.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

Cio Cio San
Muckraker

Post by Cio Cio San » Thu May 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Would you consider me sending you a brand new hard drive in its wrapper for you to just dump everything on? I'll cover all postage costs etc.

Sorry to sound so desperate, i know i'm new here but i would definitely take it upon myself to be one of the new members happy to help out the newer members after me.