The Day Finally Arrived... [Bens last post]

Chat and reminisce about The Late Show, an Australian comedy series which aired on ABC from 1992- 1993.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Pato
Muckraker

Post by Pato » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:15 pm

I haven't been around the forum for an awfully long time (travelling overseas, general laziness), so I'm rather upset to come back and read this first! Terrible, terrible stuff - I suggest we should "Sink The Slipper" for this uploading idiot.

Thanks Ben - my copies are still being played more than they should!

kim
Champagne Comedian

hi guys

Post by kim » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:19 pm

Hi guys,
as I've been travelling for the past month this is only the second time I've been able to log on and see what's been going on round these parts. Ben, if you're reading this, I echo everyone's sentiments about all the hard work you've put in with the DVDs. I'm sorry it's come to this -- I'll guard my DVDs with my heart. I am surprised though that it's taken this long for it to happen.
I may not be able to post again for a while.bye!
I'm a thinker.... I thinka!

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Thanks..

Post by Big Props » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:57 pm

I would like to say a big thank you to you Ben, for allowing me and my family to relive the glory days, when we all used to sit around together and laugh our bits off on a Saturday night - Probably one of the very few family traditions we had.

Thanks for your super extraordinary efforts, The Greatest Ever Televison Show, will now live on forever.

Thats Something you should be very proud of.

Thank You Ben G

Cheers.

Heike Dreschler
Muckraker

Post by Heike Dreschler » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:44 am

Wogsancash-

i am back and replied to your highly important PM.

Cheers

Brad
I've got a very big prop.

wogsncash
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by wogsncash » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:29 am

Please bear in mind that there are still some of us who don't have access to these dvd's. If anyone else is willing to fill the gap it would be much appreciated. I don't think that everyone should start acting like we are in a police state. I'm sure there are other community minded individuals who are off any organisations radar who would be willing to help out genuine enthusiasts.
The 'Ford Crumple' remember that or what about the 'Holden DeathTrap' now that was a car.

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:58 am

Well the result of all of this is that they are available on torrent sites for all to enjoy. And I sent you an invite to the torrent sites in question so bloody use them wogncash!

wogsncash
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by wogsncash » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:09 am

The wheels are in motion. It's just quicker and cheaper to burn dvd's than to download 30gb of data. I'm just thinking of others who don't have access to adsl2 or huge monthly limits.
The 'Ford Crumple' remember that or what about the 'Holden DeathTrap' now that was a car.

Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:03 pm

I personally prefer having them on DVD.
I just want to pop him on a bit of toast and eat him right up.

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:11 pm

The reason why we don't support the torrents for the show is that Ben went through tremendous pain and hours revitalising video tape that was falling apart and collected videos that took months on end to put in order and restore with fancy DVD menus made.

The DVDs are for quality, torrents - less quality.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:22 pm

the difference between an xvid and a dvd is negligible.