Anniversaries

Your favourite Late Show moments!

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Lexii-
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by Lexii- » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:07 pm

You guys feel old?! I remember watching The Late Show with my dad when I was about 2! (Yes yes what good parenting methods they were)

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:42 pm

burger wrote:17 years! God ... is anyone else feeling old right now?

I'm feeling old mainly because I rewatched The Goodbye Girl (1977) today and discovered that Marsha Mason's character (Rob Sitch's right - so much effort goes into devising character names, but nobody ever remembers them. Ok, I shall attempt it without Googling it..) Paula Mc.. Mc... something :confused:, was actually 33. My age now. So in the two decades since I watched this film, I've gone from identifying with the 10 yr old girl who watches loads of movies, to the mother who is 33. And is groaning and puffing and carping on about how old she is. Ugh.

Should never have rewatched it. Magic gone. Dreyfuss gave me the heebeegeebees this time, and I'm now somewhat suspicious that his character might have been a kiddy interferer *shivers*
Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?

stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:53 pm

Lexii- wrote:You guys feel old?! I remember watching The Late Show with my dad when I was about 2! (Yes yes what good parenting methods they were)
I used to watch it when I was 5, I remember Charlie the Wonderdog being the only thing of interest at that young age.
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball

Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:00 am

I bought a bottle of whiskey just now and got IDed, so I feel great.

And Lawrie Zion, who I rememeber from Triple J's Creatures of the Spotlight, did indeed write the introductory essay in the Frontline script book.

And in case anyone's mixing him up with Sounds of Aus presenter John Clarke, Lawrie Zion wrote Sounds of Aus.
I just want to pop him on a bit of toast and eat him right up.

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:33 am

Bean Is A Carrot wrote:I bought a bottle of whiskey just now and got IDed, so I feel great.
Brilliant, brilliant!

Wow. Don't we all feel old. The countdown to series two.. the cueing up of the video recorder...
I'm a thinker.... I thinka!