HD TV - Home and Away

Your favourite Late Show moments!

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

hamsalad
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by hamsalad » Wed May 21, 2008 10:47 am

Cool. I just don't have time to do anything any more, it seems.
baudrillard wrote:Ha Bean is just sending me the transfered copies of menager's tapes, so I'll probably be putting a torrent up soon after receiving them.
Wags calls it Rango. We call it trainsurfing - and it's COOL!

een
Muckraker

Post by een » Fri May 23, 2008 5:08 am

I have Dead and Alive on CD if required.
If happy not on road

[INDENT]Then it certainly in end point
[/INDENT]

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Fri May 23, 2008 7:03 am

The thing I think you are forgetting is that Denton's show was 1) done by channel 7 (hello people you think they're going to go through the archives and dig that stuff up?) and 2) it was a weekly show. I'm not sure how many episodes there were done but it's not like putting out a 6 part series. There'd be about at least 20-30 episodes, and I really don't see that showing up at Blockbuster put out by channel 7 with a free packet of Doritos any day soon, or in the future of time.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Fri May 23, 2008 9:31 am

Well, Seven isn't automatically crap - Full Frontal seems to be coming out, as did Big Bite. But yeah, if The Hamish and Andy Show isn't out yet I guess a best-of Denton probably isn't on the horizon. But Denton is a big name who's getting bigger, so you never know...

(and it would have to be a best-of)
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Fri May 23, 2008 1:45 pm

Hmm, I can just see Denton doing one of those "remote treatment" commentaries he likes to do now on MTER, when explaining the whole Bobcat Goldthwaite meltdown.... "And here, when he threw the chair and jumped up on the table, I shat my pants".
When I think about it, Denton was very futuristic in style, design and ideas. Maybe that's why it often jarred with me, and I felt in no way compelled to tape it. But a 'best of' would be well worth a look. I must go and have another squiz at the Jane interview he did. It seemed to me (from my memory) that he was trying to go deep, like the way he does constantly now, but she was having none of it. As is her way :roll:
Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Fri May 23, 2008 2:38 pm

My god, I know I've got that on tape somewhere. Meatloaf also went mental. Are you sure it wasn't him instead of Bobcat or did they both do that?
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Fri May 23, 2008 2:43 pm

I don't remember Meatloaf, just Bob. I was really, really into Shakes the Clown at the time.
Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?