National Film and Sound Archive

Your favourite Late Show moments!

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

menagers
Champagne Comedian

National Film and Sound Archive

Post by menagers » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:50 am

Acronym NFSA, which I find amusing, for some reason. Not for Sale - Akay? or National Fucking Security Arseholes. Oh, who said that? Unnecessary profanities. I mean really.

So my point is, there is a vast amount of stuff there! Episodes of The Panel, Martin Molloy, Behind The Frontline, D-Gen 'Country Homestead' special (?? missing that one). And lots of little odds and ends like docos on comedy with bits of them. The most interesting one was this, which says that Rob was edited out due to copyright restrictions!!??? Might be innocent, but sure does sound dodgy.

Anyway there's a charge for viewings, and you have to apply for a quote. Which I have done for Behind the Frontline. How much do you reckon it's worth? I will baulk at double figures.
Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:38 pm

They have Martin/Molloy? I'd pay for the first 3 months of the show. And then there's a couple months in 1997 I don't have. Are you serious that they'd have that menagers??????????????

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:07 am

I did a tour there for my studies at radio school in 2005. You'd be amazed what they have there.

They do release some archives to borrow for a fee, and if you follow their rules etc.

Oh.. and some D-Gen stuff
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:34 pm

baudrillard wrote:They have Martin/Molloy? I'd pay for the first 3 months of the show. And then there's a couple months in 1997 I don't have. Are you serious that they'd have that menagers??????????????

A quick search via the above link suggests that they only have individual episodes on audio tape... after all, much as they should have every single episode, that'd probably mean (what with other people wanting other shows recorded and not showing bias towards any one program) they'd have to record every single radio station every day for 24 hours a day. Which might have been a bit much back in 1995.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:57 pm

How's this! I got a reply back about Frontline, and all I was told was that it was availably commercially! ie. Go suck your grandma's eggs. So I replied that it was because it contained the unreleased doco, you noo-nar! (that bit not actually included). So I wonder if it will just bounce right back. Hmmm.

EDIT: Arraaggh! She rang me in person! How embarassing! Yet, quite nice. I'll have to pretend I'm studying it or something. CAE Yr12 English, maybe.

fantazic_to_be_here
Muckraker

Behind the Frontline doco

Post by fantazic_to_be_here » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:07 pm

Menagers, I am sure there are people here who have the behind the frontline doco. I have it on video tape, however converting to DVD is a problem at the moment. So, curiosity is killing me, why are you visiting the NFSA for it?

Also, do they have any funky radio stuff?
'To the Funky Buggy!'

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:24 pm

Exactly! Why am I? Because I'm a nut fan, that's all, no honourable writing a book reasons (although I'd love to!). Anyway after making the appointment and finding a babysitter, I thought 'this is mad' and I checked my local library (on line, as it happens, how groovy is that?), they have it. So... thats quite funny really.
I didn't do a massive search, I typed in Rob Sitch because it's an atypical name. DO NOT bother with typing in Tony Martin that leads nowhere, but Mick Molloy gives a better response. There were some episodes of Martin/Molloy from '98 that I saw, episodes of The Panel and other things like press kits. Its all there peoples, we should do a weighty tome on these comedy hereos.

Hey did you hear about the guy who won the Vogel award for writing a book about being in love with Magda? Definitely buying that when it gets published! Hope it doesn't read like the crappy fan-fic I waste time on. Confession: you know, I only found this site because I was looking for Rob/Jane gear. I thought 13 years on, for sure! Nada.

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:31 pm

I found nothing but a tape of triple M from 96 and 98. One day, 24 hours to be precise.

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:52 pm

Is this your long-forgotten page, menagers? Just kidding.
http://www.angelfire.com/ri/robsitch/
I have seen that page before... am surprised it's number three when you search for rob sitch (no quotes).
I'm a thinker.... I thinka!

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:28 am

He He, I thank you, but no. Do I seem like someone who could even attempt making their own web page? Seriously? I've been to that site before when it was brought up somewhere in an interview with Rob. He was horrified, and feigned ignorance of its existence. But that has to be claptrap, surely. Even if he does have the sort of iron will power that stops him from googling his own name, no doubt some eager nephew has blurted it at some stage.
Shite page, I can't even get it to show me the pics.
No no, the best I ever did was write "I heart Rob Sitch" on the inside cover of my Macquarie Dictionary, alongside "RIK MAYALL SEX GOD" and strangely "Tony Ray Martin". We still use that dictionary, only because it has the brilliant definition of
fart (highlighted, of course) /fat/. Colloq. n.; 1. an emission of wind from the anus, esp. an audible one.
I still recall the full double period of Yr 9 maths where that provided non-stop hilarity. And the detention that followed.