Your favourite Late Show moments!

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:42 am

Big Props wrote:Ni Biru Kudasai ?

and...

Toyre Wa Doku Desu ka?

The two most important phrases i learnt (and remembered) before going to Japan. :wink:
When I went to Tokyo last year, all I knew was hello and goodbye. However all I kept saying everywhere was goodbye even when I was meant to be saying hello.

You are all making me miss that place :(
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:42 pm

hehehehe

The people are just so polite, it's infectious to say thank you and goodbye.

However they are so polite, they would never tell you that you are saying the wrong thing :-P

It is almost impossible not to pick up on "Sumi Masen" When you're moving through a crowded train.!!!!
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

kichigai
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by kichigai » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:07 pm

While we're on the topic of Japan good time to bring up one of my favourite Late Show sketches. The hidden camera Japanese practical joke sketch. I remember hearing Tony saying (i think) that the sketch was going to be filmed with cast members taking on the roles (though I might be confusing this with what he said about the citizenship sketch). Classic sketch that had been doing the email rounds a couple of years ago. I'm guessing that if anyone overseas was to have seen a late show sketch it'd be this one. Having lived in Yokohama a few years ago (and now living in Okinawa) I've got a special appreciation for this one and Oriental Shitscared...now picturing rob singing Daydream believer.

P.S. I share your NOVA pain, I was with them when I lived in Yokohama, much prefer what I'm doing now.

Tomorrowist
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by Tomorrowist » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:53 pm

I know that clip floated around a lot of the kind of sites that always add their own watermark/logo at the end. It's very universal as it has that home-video sense about it. And the Japanese they're speaking, is nonsense, they say the words that people would know and they words like "hashi" meaning chospsticks, but it's not what the subtitles say.

Interestingly they don't really do the pissweak juggling act over here. You do have to cook you're own food at yakiniku restaurants though. Horse is a favorite around here, although a company recently got busted for passing off Candian horse meat as Japanese horse meat! Can you imagine!

Anyway, here is my favorite piece of Late-Show memorabilia, a small, signed piece of paper from when I met him in the theatre once: Bud's autograph!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/ ... 390002.jpg

I used to carry it around in my wallet, he's a really nice and chatty guy, good advice too! I noticed he was getting slower though, but I hear he's still active!