Old D-Gen articles

Your favourite Late Show moments!

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:55 pm

See, that's where I went wrong...
I just want to pop him on a bit of toast and eat him right up.

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Anyone notice the interesting little link between these two pieces?

Post by menagers » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:29 am

Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:33 pm

doh, their image server is offline for maintenance. Will check it out later...

Speaking of pissweak theme parks, does anyone remember El Caballo Blanco and the theme song? It was so pissweak that I loved it.
I'm a thinker.... I thinka!

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:05 am

YES! But wasn't that recent? I thought it was coming soon to Fitzroy or something. So it migrated south, eh? I didn't even register that as pissweak, that was a must see in my eyes. Weird dancing horses, absolutely. Wonder what happened to it?

I will post them elsewhere, Mediafire having far too many wobblies.

Strange Irish gasman at door, just now. Could not fathom a word he said. Something about pianos, gas off, lots of those half menacing Irish chuckles my Grandfather does. Nice man.

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:20 pm

I guess it has undergone a revivial ... I am sure it was pissweak once upon a time, perhaps someone decided to buy it out and revamp it. It was a little dilapidated last time I went, but that would have been 1993 or so.

Same goes for Australia's Wonderland just before it closed.... it hadn't been maintained properly and I for one was not happy about going on that wooden rollercoaster...

Ah, I see, this article explains the fate of ECB (I know, it's Wikipedia, but hey). It closed for a while, and fire destroyed the venue during a time when it 'was used for storing items such as carpets' (??). The venue has reopened elsewhere. Hurrah! But the equine flu caused them to suspend shows. Boo!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Caballo_Blanco
I'm a thinker.... I thinka!

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:50 pm

kim wrote:I guess it has undergone a revivial ... I am sure it was pissweak once upon a time, perhaps someone decided to buy it out and revamp it. It was a little dilapidated last time I went, but that would have been 1993 or so.

Same goes for Australia's Wonderland just before it closed.... it hadn't been maintained properly and I for one was not happy about going on that wooden rollercoaster...

Ah, I see, this article explains the fate of ECB (I know, it's Wikipedia, but hey). It closed for a while, and fire destroyed the venue during a time when it 'was used for storing items such as carpets' (??). The venue has reopened elsewhere. Hurrah! But the equine flu caused them to suspend shows. Boo!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Caballo_Blanco
El Caballo Blanco was only a 20 min drive from where I lived. Used to go there a fair bit. It was there I learnt the amusing trick with the shotgun shooting games that the targets react on a flash of light. When you take a photo of the display with the flash on, the displays all go off at the same time.

Wonderland was 45 min drive.. went to both places 2 weeks before they closed down.

Want to experience Wonderland again? http://www.wonderlandhistory.net
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:04 pm

Of course, in South Australia, our crap tourists attractions are of a much higher standard. In the Barossa Valley but can't be bothered getting pissed on free wine? There's never been a better time to experience...
Norm's Coolies
off Gomersal Rd
Tel: 08 8563 2198 (info)

Watch Norm's Coolie sheepdogs go through their paces at the Breezy Gully Farm. This show is unmissable, especially once you realise that this army of trained collies may be smarter and more alluring than their audience.

Hours: Mon, Wed & Sat 2:00pm

Link
I just want to pop him on a bit of toast and eat him right up.

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:25 am

But that place also sounds great! Loved Wonderland. Took an English friend there many years ago, when she was vastly unimpressed with Melbourne's bizzo, but loved Sydney's hoohar (alright, alright, how could you not? yes, yes, I hear you). We were the only ones on the wooden rollercoaster, and the only ones to be greeted by the mascot when we got off. Yes, we copped a feel, who wouldn't? Can't believe it's gone.

I, for one, am a fan of the nonchalant maze keeper. There is a quiz orientated one, "with seven solutions of escalating complexity", near Healesville (that Sanctuary is pissweak, I mean bullshit they have a Platypus, I've never seen it), and the ridiculously vast 'maize' (ie. corn, yes, its hilarious) mazeon the Peninsula. Bring a whistle, flag, flare gun, megaphone, tent, sleeping bag, there is no way out. It is in the shape of an intricate sketch of a mermaid, or gnome, etc., all obviously done by aliens.

We should run a Pissweak World Entertainment Guide with coupons.

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Some weekend reading... Happy Punting!

Post by menagers » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:50 am

waker
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by waker » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:58 pm

you can right click, save as. they are a little smaller than the previous ones, I think. Maybe that site auto resizes them.

Thanks though, of course! You are a marvel!