Glenrowan

Your favourite Late Show moments!

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

kylie1927
Commercial Crimestopper

Glenrowan

Post by kylie1927 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:58 pm

I was in Glenrowan last week and kept thinking of the sketch from the Late Show when Tony and Mick went there ("Damn I'm still in Glenrowan). Does the sketch appear on the Champagne edition? If so, could someone point me in the direction of where to find it?

stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:00 pm

i think it is, either that or its on the bargarse/olden days dvd in an easter egg, cos i'm sure i've seen it, and i'm not old enough to fully remember much of the show
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:05 pm

It appears in the credit montage in one of the Volumes, split up.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:14 pm

Yeah, it's a real shame that the complete version isn't on any of the official collections - it really works best as a whole, and just seeing a couple of snippets doesn't really convey how much fun they seemed to be having there. Plus I don't think the edited version features Tone introducing us to Bryan Brown... in the form of a log.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

kat-rant
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by kat-rant » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:34 pm

The funny thing about Glenrowan was that back in 1987, when I was in Year 10, we had a family holiday to Bright, and we stopped at Glenrowan on the way up there, and my sister and I pretty had the same reaction to the place as Mick & Tone, particularly the animatronics display. actually I think we pissed ourselves laughing it was that bad. So when they did it on The Late Show, my sister and I pissed ourselves from from our memories of the place!
I've got the paper!!!

stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:40 pm

Same thing happened to our grade 6 class on camp, pissed ourselves... this was in 1999 u would think theyd have updated or improved it after the TLS expose
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:08 pm

I visited Glenrowan in 1996 for a school excursion and did exactly what Tony did with the wishing well.

The teacher thought I was being a smart arse and I got detention the next day, but she let me off when she found out I was re-enacting the sketch and told me not to be cheeky and disrespectful infront of the owners again.

Only 2 people on the excursion got the joke - I was a king in their eyes.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:33 am

haha....gold!
I had been to Glenrowan in like 1990 or 1991 and we bought the exact same book that they had on TLS. (You know, the "Connect the dots.....and gee I wonder who that turns out to be"). I cracked up when I saw it again.
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)

kylie1927
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by kylie1927 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:01 am

I think I may have the entire sketch on VHS somewhere. It's in storage at the in-laws.
Remember they showed the guy who sunk all his money into the animatronics (ringing the (mok) bell)? I think I met him, so I wanted to see if it was him.
If it was him - he actually lives in the middle of the musuem. You have to walk through his daughters bedroom to get back to the entry.

lucasbucksheriff
Muckraker

Post by lucasbucksheriff » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:08 am

I did post a picture of the infamous 'this attraction can and does frighten people of all ages' sign from Glenrowan after I stopped by in 2005. It is posted somewhere else on the site. I called in again in 2006 - you'd think I was stalking the town reading that - and everything is still the same.