Thank God You're Here - New show from Working Dog in 2006

Discuss what Working Dog are up to now, and the rest of The Late Show cast - Mick, Jason and Judith

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:02 pm

Yeah I must say I'm far more excited about The Panel Xmas edition returning than I am about this new show ...

Where's the next bloody film ??? At least Tony & Mick will have a new movie out next year..
Traction Jackson

rdmcphee
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by rdmcphee » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:21 pm

Speaking of Robert Fidgeon, did you know that not long after The Panel started, he did an interview with Jane Kennedy for the Herald-Sun. Rather than speak to her, he actually made the whole thing up instead. Jane revealed this on MM, and she was really offended because Fidgey was patronising and sexist towards her in his article. Another time he wrote an article where he got Tommy G's name wrong, calling him Paul Gleisner. You may have detected in this post a dislike for Mr. Fidgeon's work. He also frequently bags out Shaun Micallef, while writing articles singing the praises of Home and Away.
Actor Melvyn Hayes and stars of the Carry On films.

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:18 am

Yep, RF is an ALL TOOL. I read his articles in the Herald Sun all the time, I'm sick of his glowing reviews of the televisual excrement such as Home and Away, Neighbours etc etc. It is obvious he is just pandering to the popular masses, keeping in sweet with the commercial networks. Remember as long as networks keep pumping out crap like they do, he has a job. Ross Warneke's slightly better with his objectionable reviewing.
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:29 am

Not to sound like a dead-flogging horse (or whatever) .. but go to your MM CD's for some priceless piss-taking of 'Robert Pueruelent' by T.Martin ...

A silly old fart in silly old buggers clothing .. he would be the real-life version of the 'Old persons operations centre' sketch ..

Great stuff..
Traction Jackson

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 am

and the references to R. Warneke in The Olden Days are sutle but appropriate.
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:47 am

It actually wouldn't be that hard to write a program to do Fidgeon's job - if he's not saying "Why don't they get Adam Hills to host the Logies" he's saying "Rove has to do better in the ratings".... over and over and over again.

In another example of his lameness, it'd be a lot easier to take his "Merrick and Rosso just aren't funny" rantings if A): he hadn't slagged them off so often that they said to the Herald-Sun they wouldn't speak to him (even going so far to slag him off at a press conference, I think), which led to B): Fidgeon writing an article saying he was the one responsible for 'Unplanned's success (he claimed his hatchet job on the first episode had led to Nine executives - who all hang on his every word - taking his comments on board and telling the guys to change stuff to suit the all-knowing Fidge).

Not that Merrick and Rosso are funny, but run around saying everything's crap and eventually you'll get one right. He doesn't even pretend to care about quality these days - he's usually waffling on about how top-rating shows must be great because they're top-rating and how Blue Heelers should run for another thousand years - oh yeah, that's a man whose opinions I put complete faith in...
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

rdmcphee
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by rdmcphee » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:14 pm

Touche. Put Fidgey in his place. A duck with a typewriter could do a better job than him.
Actor Melvyn Hayes and stars of the Carry On films.

Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:10 am

I still find Merrick and Rosso hilarious. They have many misses in their shows, but their hits far outway these. Warneke still doesn't know what he's talking about imo.
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)

Tubbs Farquhar
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by Tubbs Farquhar » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:39 pm

Jane revealed this on MM, and she was really offended because Fidgey was patronising and sexist towards her in his article.
I always wondered if JK appeared on MM? Does anyone know if all the former D-Gen members appeared?

I know of Rob, Santo and Jude for sure.
Quarter Pounder, McNuggets, Fillet O' Fish, I'm McChockas.

louie
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by louie » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:30 pm

tom did