'Sports Fever' dropping in on 'The Party Show' at midnight on 3RRRFM

Discuss what Working Dog are up to now, and the rest of The Late Show cast - Mick, Jason and Judith

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

'Sports Fever' dropping in on 'The Party Show' at midnight on 3RRRFM

Post by baudrillard » Sat May 05, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm logging it but ......... !

"Sam Pang @MrSamPang
'Sports Fever' dropping in on 'The Party Show' at midnight on @3RRRFM. Haven't seen the boys for a while. Ed's the big one right?"

Oops it's RRR I don't even have to record it anymore! Be listening guys! I'll post a link afterwards I guess. And everyone'll probably be out anyway! :P
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Sun May 06, 2012 1:46 am

Ewww. Just tuned in - Listening now..
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

IFMON
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by IFMON » Sun May 06, 2012 10:09 am

Apricot is a metal.

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Sun May 06, 2012 10:16 am

Please listen to it on the site, if you're only going to listen to it once you might as well, the only reason why I'm uploading it as they don't have a download option from what I saw so I've put it up for those of you who'd want to keep it for prosperity.

http://ondemand.rrr.org.au/

and just for those who want to keep it (unless you can see a download option on their site):
http://www.mediafire.com/?1re4codz4faxa2c

ed. Sorry IFMON, had this open and written up while I was waiting for it to upload.
Whatever precautions you take so the photograph will look like this or that, there comes a moment when the photograph surprises you. It is the other's gaze that wins out and decides.
- Jacques Derrida

Kippers
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Kippers » Mon May 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks guys!

Kippers
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Kippers » Mon May 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Is that Hedley guy for real?

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Tue May 08, 2012 12:47 am

Ed's debut at 3RRR as posted by Sam!
- Jacques Derrida

logifuse
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by logifuse » Tue May 08, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks Bauds - made my tunnelled train trips yesterday much, much better.:)

logifuse
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by logifuse » Wed May 09, 2012 11:38 am

Ever since I listened to this, the thing that has been nagging at me is that this & TM on the Green Guide Letters podcast are better than anything any involved have done on TV in recent years.

Rambling discussions with numerous tangents are their go. How isn't there a a radio station in Australia that suits this? It's quite common in the UK (Frank Skinner, 7 Day Sunday) where there doesn't seem to be the drive to shove a song in every 5 seconds, so why hasn't this come to our shores?

At least the Sydney radio ratings give me hope (where there is a distinct shift away from formulaic commercial FM going on).

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed May 09, 2012 11:50 am

Sydney ratings?

Entrenched thinking about radio which dates back to the 70s? I mean hell, look at the playlists... They can't risk anything too free-form on commercial radio possibly because our industry is so small, and there's such conservative attitudes in the culture. That is conservative, unless it involves a breakfast show radio prank that degrades and humiliates another human being on live national radio with promos and a lot of premeditation + initial essential blue sky mining and with the marketing team on board - so that the revenue stream can be maximised.

Think of the icon of all of this. Dobbo himself. The man, the myth, the legend.
- Jacques Derrida