Santo, Sam and Ed's Pod Fever!

Discuss what Working Dog are up to now, and the rest of The Late Show cast - Mick, Jason and Judith

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

hegartez
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by hegartez » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:48 pm

logifuse wrote:So it seems that Ed is trying to make it in LA. Wonder how long he'll last over there?

Glad they've managed to keep him involved via Skype. Seems to work well enough.
Or perhaps the question should be "how long until he hits it big over there?" Seems like Aussies everywhere - surprised to see Joel Edgerton beat Stephen Segal for the the lead SEAL in Zero Dark 30 - all the action happened at night so Segal could almost have got away with it!

Kippers
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Kippers » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Listening to this week's podcast it seems Ed's lucky to have survived the week in one piece!

Agree that the show works well enough even with Ed only being part of things for a fraction of the time. It helps that the likes of Tommy G & Rob Sitch are on hand to help things along but even the sections with just Santo & Sam work brilliantly.

logifuse
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by logifuse » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:05 pm

hegartez wrote:Or perhaps the question should be "how long until he hits it big over there?" Seems like Aussies everywhere - surprised to see Joel Edgerton beat Stephen Segal for the the lead SEAL in Zero Dark 30 - all the action happened at night so Segal could almost have got away with it!
Yeah, but Ed can't act. I know that it probably says actor on his visa, but he's no good in a scripted environment (unless it goes Donkey Courtroom).

Rob was a good extra in this weeks podcast.

Big Props
Champagne Comedian

Post by Big Props » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:43 pm

Rob Sitch is really making these podcasts the highlight of my week.
Aristotelie Xtrios Findolopolu

logifuse
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by logifuse » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:41 pm

I felt a lot of the jokes in podcast 12 missed the mark & fell flat (chirping cricket moments), but 13 (current) was pure gold.