Getting To Know You

Who are you people, anyway? New members and lurkers, reveal yourselves. Got any projects or announcements to make? This is all about you.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

BEECHASS
Muckraker

Getting To Know You

Post by BEECHASS » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:03 pm

Hello all fellow late show nutters!!!

Hi my name is Simon, my friends call me Beechy.
I enjoy golfing, sailing, long walks, pesto, a good book, knitted jumpers and romantic steamy dutch ovens.

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well maybe not the last one taken from micks loveline service)
I'm fairly new to this site but extremely glad and full of praise for the legends that run and maintain it. Top effort!!!

Dislikes: The fact that the panel comes back later and later every year.

Anyway thats a start so who's next...???
50 BUCKS!!!!!!!

BenG
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by BenG » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:31 pm

Gday everyone. My name is Ben :-) (otherwise known as the Late Show DVD guy).

Likes: Movies, DVDs, My Minidisc player, Video Editing, X-Box and transferring Late Show episodes to DVD's. Lol.

Dislikes: Smelly people. Stoopid people.

guthrdavkfc
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by guthrdavkfc » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:45 pm

Hi im Dave. Im an alcaholic...i've been in rehab for the pass 3 weeks now. Its been hard, but i havent had a drink for 3 hours. Rehab hasnt helped me much, except i've met new drinking buddies.

Dislikes: BenG not putting out
Why can't we be friends? I didnt mean to steal your dog, then make puppies with it, I SWEAR!

BenG
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by BenG » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:13 pm

I think you have been drinking. Or not drinking enough. I havent quite decided yet. :D

guthrdavkfc
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by guthrdavkfc » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:33 pm

Just cause i said no last night? Lol joking.

Hmm, i dunno, im thinking about getting a drink.
Why can't we be friends? I didnt mean to steal your dog, then make puppies with it, I SWEAR!

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:40 am

Hi dudes,

Steve here (pretty boring username - sorry!) - I've just stumbled across this forum site. I don't know why I haven't found it in the past.

I spent the past many years searching for an outlet for my addiction (TLS,MM). I guess I'm stuck in the 90's. My three MM cd sets are worn out (The Brown Album, Poop Chute and 'Peas) and are always searching for replacements which are hard to come by nowadays.

I have 6 eps of TLS on VHS and was going to get them transferred to DVD until I discovered this forum site and Ben's ongoing grand plans of a full DVD set.

Likes - LOCAL comedy
Dislikes - Americanisms, bad overseas influences (except The Simpsons, gotta love 'em)

To all the other users in this forum, I look forward to many years of reminiscing about averything TLS...

cheers, Steve

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:42 am

oops, forgot to log in (idiot!), The previous post is mine - good start !

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:34 am

Welcome to the website, Steve!

I'm Kim I am the site creator. This site actually started out as the d-gen fan site on http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1677 in 1996, and it now has its own domain :)

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:25 am

Thanks Kim, Like I said to Ben in an email last night, I was 1/2 way thru putting a TLS web page together when I came across champagnecomedy.com a little while ago. There's no point doubling up, so I'll shelve my work. Great site and excellent forum setup. The phpBB software is pretty popular amongst other interest groups, seems very easy to operate, idiot proof (no offence). I looked at it at one stage to set up for another interest group I'm in to.

Chat again, cheers, Steve
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:21 pm

Steve, if you've got any content you were working on at the old site, feel free to contribute anything to this one.... don't shelve your old stuff! :lol:

I do have an embarrassingly old version of phpBB so I do need to upgrade for security reasons, but I do update the database every week or so. But I keep thinking that this version is so old and maybe the script kiddies who want to hack into it have forgotten it exists. :oops: