Getting To Know You

Who are you people, anyway? New members and lurkers, reveal yourselves. Got any projects or announcements to make? This is all about you.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

kim
Champagne Comedian

hehe...

Post by kim » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:26 am

http://shauny.org/cgi-bin/mt/mcom.cgi?entry_id=845

(Do a search on the page for 'competition furder')

lucasbucksheriff
Muckraker

Post by lucasbucksheriff » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:58 am

I've been meaning to write in this section of the forum for a while now. I was an early teenager when TLS was on the box and it was easily the highlight of my week. We only got two channels back then in SW Victoria so if it wasn't TLS then it would have been a schmuttery movie or whatever was after Hey Hey It's Saturday. I got to the site after being advised by a friend (user 'Pete The Clown') about it. Now I use it as my number two procrastination tool at work behind looking up cricket articles on the Internet. I am currently trying to come up with a signature file like many of the other users. I would have loved to have 'Sturt was a good film...etc' but alas it was already taken. I think the site is marvellous and certainly a credit to all those involved in setting it up, maintaining it and doing all the hard yards. So a big thumbs up to you all!

dankru
Muckraker

Post by dankru » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:57 pm

Hey guys.

I must admit I haven't watched my old VHS tapes in a while, I think they're still at my parents. I watched the DVD repeatedly since I used to work at a video store.

I was only 12/13 when The Late Show was on TV and it is still my all time comedy favourite. I honestly believe that other D-Gen stuff is really not nearly as funny. I am so grateful I had my own TV when the show was on so I didn't miss any episode!

Likes: Good Aussie shows (when they're around), soccer, my dog (only slightly smarter than Charlie)
Dislikes: most American shows
Charlie the Wonderdog....starring Charlie the Wonderdog

Mason Hell-Cat
Champagne Comedian

Post by Mason Hell-Cat » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:11 am

G'day dankru!
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com
mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)

ewe2
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by ewe2 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am

Ahhh monday...tuesday....HAPPY DAYS!

I was the old old age of 30 in Melbourne when the late show appeared and all too briefly disappeared. I'm Sean from Bendigo, and it was years later that I realized I lived in the Sandhurst Machinery Song city :) While Tony Martin is a brilliant writer, Santo Cilauro did some of the most absurd comedy I've ever seen, right up there with Milligan and Monty Python. Shitscared is simply unrepeatable. Pissweak Everything is really the late show motto. All I ask is, must we wait another generation before someone has similar courage and loopiness?

MrPigeon
Muckraker

Post by MrPigeon » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:48 pm

G'day everyone, from another new member. I was on the bus this morning reminiscing about how funny the Glenrowan sketch was, so when I got home I decided to jump on the net and look up any late show websites.. subsequently came here, which is an awesome place, good job guys. :)

I'm like dankru, in that I was around 13 when the show was on the air. My best friend at high school kept telling me about this awesome show that was on Saturday nights. I finally managed to stay awake during Birds of a Feather to be able to watch it, became a total convert ever since. I think I might watch the best bits dvd again tonight, actually. :D

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

sleeping_pirate
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by sleeping_pirate » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:21 am

Welcome, MrPigeon! Hope you like it here :)
~Punch a Lapplander and sellotape a rat to your knees~

Chika-Chow

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:34 am

Welcome MrPigeon... enjoy!!!
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46

margaret
Muckraker

Post by margaret » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:35 pm

Just a bit of a hello :)

I'm a uni student with nothing to do other than waste time online and not do work :)
I like australian comedy a lot.
I love british comedy even more.
That's all i've got right now...

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:33 pm

and welcome to you Margaret :lol:
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46