Othe comedy TV

Who are you people, anyway? New members and lurkers, reveal yourselves. Got any projects or announcements to make? This is all about you.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Othe comedy TV

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:45 pm

Hi, i'm new let me just say THANK GOD FOR THIS FORUM!

Anyway i thought people could list other champagne comedy series here.

My list

AUSTRALIAN
Frontline
CNNNN
The Adventures of Lano and Woodley
The Games
John Safran Vs. God
Music Jamboree

UK
I'm Alan Partridge
Knowing Me Knowing You with Alan Partridge
The Young Ones
Bottom
Fawlty Towers
Trigger Happy TV
Monty Python
Little Britain

AMERICAN

Seinfeld
Arrested Development
The Larry Sanders Show
Curb Your Enthusiasm

guthrdavkfc
Commercial Crimestopper

Post by guthrdavkfc » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:53 am

Guards, Sieze him.
Why can't we be friends? I didnt mean to steal your dog, then make puppies with it, I SWEAR!

Major Spliff Biggins
Muckraker

Post by Major Spliff Biggins » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:42 am

Don't forget Shapelle's Show!

(No not Shapelle Corby)

Arrested Development is the finest TV show to come from the states in years. How funny is Carl Weathers?
"Look out Rob! Georgie Parker!"

Hig
Brilliant, Brilliant

Post by Hig » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:37 pm

who is old enough to remember "Australia Your Standing in it ". A 1983 sketch comedy on the ABC, that bought you the Dodgy Brothers, Bruce Rump, and chunky custard

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:50 pm

Yes I remember 'Australia - Your standing in It'!! - that is as old school Melb comedy as you can get... and yep had 'Tim & Debbie' aka Steve Blackburn (Dodgy Brother) & Mary Keneally (who didn't do much after tha but popped up on episode of Frontline in 90's) - they were great and also I think used to have a show on RRR after The Party Show on Sat night..

If you want a copy of this show the ACMI lending library (formerly Cinemedia/State Film Library) in South Melbourne has got a copy along with heaps of other old school Video's..

As for that list.. 'Little Britain' isn't is good but not brilliant... got its moments though I love the fat gay guy doing that white trash homie chick !! That is classic but the rest just makes you realise how f'n awesome TLS & FF were ..

Where is 'The Office' on that list? Yes it's mainstream but come on it truly is brilliant..

And you've gotta put K&K on there as well... it may not be everyone's cup of tea but its brilliantly observed characters & performance, not just a 1 trick novelty act making fun of Aussie suburbs..

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:43 pm

whoops, The Office should be at the top of that list!

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:47 am

You know you can go back and edit your previous posts to update the list..

Which.. umm.. you probably need a proper login for - so Guest go get a login !! Or at least pop your username at the bottom of your email?

Kim.. wonder if you should start making login's necessary for posting?

Steve
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by Steve » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:55 pm

ooh LSNut, Triple R's party show, was that the show at midnight til dawn...? I taped almost every show. But don't know where the tapes are now The host was "Brain" the American dude?
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46

kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:32 pm

I've added a poll to see if people think logins should be mandatory here.

LSNut
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by LSNut » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:06 pm

Nah nah Steve your very close !!!

The Party Show is/was run by Headley Grinter (good Saints fan like many of these Indie Fitzroy/St.Kilda types and also myself :-) and yes runs 12-2am on Saturday Nights (ok Sunday morning technically) .. Umm I know who you mean by that Brain guy but cant remember if he was a guest on TPS or had his own show himself ???

Btw - The Party Show is *still* going to this day believe it or not, like many local Melbourne scene institutions like The Espy & the 'Pub' comic strip by Fred Negro which appears every week in Beat magazine... all these guys know each other I'm sure various Late Show members woulda been on The Party Show and definately RRR over the years..