Othe comedy TV

Who are you people, anyway? New members and lurkers, reveal yourselves. Got any projects or announcements to make? This is all about you.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:12 am

baudrillard wrote:Much more interesting than the repetitive storylines that Scrubs produces such as J.D's failed love life OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.
That's not why I like it - it's the hilarious dream sequences that get me rolling on the floor laughing, plus Ted failing all the time, and the Janitor with is snide remarks.
Best moment - Ted with his air band performing, and Dr Kelso points to the sign saying No Airplaying. Upset and angry, Ted takes off his air guitar and throws it to the ground. Then there's a big bang of a guitar being destroyed - Ted is shocked and goes "Good lord - what have I done?" HAHAHA..

I was given copies of Green Wing and IT Crowd ages ago, but I couldn't get into it.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:38 am

Items of interest from the Shock DVD catalogue for November - sorry, no further details (how many discs, what exactly on them) to hand yet...
TONIGHT LIVE WITH STEVE VIZARD - such an iconic Australian chat show that ran on the 7 Network from 1987 to 1993 and featured many well regarded international and local guests - as well as a fair smattering of controversial ones!

THE EXPURGATED MICALLEF TONIGHT - Shaun Micallef set out to prove that variety isn't dead, with the return of a traditional Tonight Show molded with his own brand of subtle humour and non-traditional celebrity guest interviews and musical acts. Lasting 13 weeks on Australia's highest rated TV network, Micallef proved to a loyal group of fans that he is the king of late night wit and sarcasm.The hilarious and almost parody show had a guest list featuring not only the cream of the Australian entertainment industry but the world.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:17 pm

Ho ho!! Definitely will pay full price for Micallef Tonight, and possibly illegally burn the Vizard offering. Now all they need to do is bring out Denton with the interviews with Mike Moore and the excruciating Bobcat Goldthwaite appearence and we'll all be set for the ultimate trip down shonky memory lane. Micallef's high horse, Daryl in a barrel, Alan Jones updates and Lavina crosses not included in that - THAT was all pure, pure gold.
Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?

Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:26 pm

Micallef Tonight better be uncut!
I just want to pop him on a bit of toast and eat him right up.

Daniel G
Sandhurst Mechanic

Post by Daniel G » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:38 pm

13 schoolyards wrote:THE EXPURGATED MICALLEF TONIGHT
Bean Is A Carrot wrote:Micallef Tonight better be uncut!
It'll be cut: that's what 'expurgated' means.
BUT WAIT!! (No reason, but thanks anyway.)

Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:57 pm

Daniel G wrote:It'll be cut: that's what 'expurgated' means.
So it does, my silly.

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:47 pm

Though the magic of the interwebs (torrents).

"Contains all 13 episodes of Micallef Tonight, plus four short Channel 9 promos for any Shaun Micallef enthusiasts."

;)

Plus there's all of CNNNN around too.

Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:31 pm

baudrillard wrote:Though the magic of the interwebs (torrents).

"Contains all 13 episodes of Micallef Tonight, plus four short Channel 9 promos for any Shaun Micallef enthusiasts."
The Micallef website have also made the whole lot available on DVDs, but that's not the point... Why release an edited version on DVD? Are there rights issues? What are they? And can we trust whoever makes the edits to not leave out stuff they're a bit embarrassed by now but is actually great.

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:03 am

Is that what they did with the Late Show? If they're out already I presume it's just a cash-in thing. Like the way a record company re-releases a band's back-catalogue when they move on to a bigger company. It's probably just a cash-in deal!

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:59 am

baudrillard wrote:Though the magic of the interwebs (torrents).

;)

The ones you're referring to on Diwana are the same ones which the Shaun Micallef fan site have on the DVDs and ripped them onto torrents.. like what happened here.

I'd say the reason why it's only a Best Of for Micallef Tonight is that of the same reasons they can't release the entire set of Late Show, due to copyright etc.
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M