Othe comedy TV

Who are you people, anyway? New members and lurkers, reveal yourselves. Got any projects or announcements to make? This is all about you.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:50 am

I think part of the reason for cutting Micallef Tonight might be to do with a): Micallef thinking that releasing 10 hours of a (sadly) failed tonight show might be too much for the market to bear, and b): Micallef thinking that there's some bits there too lame to revisit. After all, Shock released s2 of the complete Micallef P(r)ogram(me) first because they (and Micallef, if I remember rightly) weren't convinced the first series was good enough to stand alone. When, of course, it was pure gold from go to whoa.

I'm not sure about copyright issues - I don't remember a whole lot of times where music / footage was used that they could get the rights to, plus this was early 21st century TV and I think they're a lot better about getting clearances for re-broadcast / on-selling before a show is put together than they were back in the Late Show days. Hopefully we don't lose the end credit segments where Shaun would do bizarre cover versions.

Personally I hope it's complete and uncut - and the Vizard show deserves it's own massive Prisoner-style complete DVD run so we can find the ten minutes of actual comedy buried somehwere in there.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:08 pm

Now about that Prisoner box set. Andrew Mercado and Tony et. al. seemed all very cavalier about that release, like "Ho Ho! What frivolity!". But I was appalled to learn that the damn thing costs $1600!! Like HELLOOO!! Bloody celeb, industry freebie damn bloody types. Er, yes, that's all I have to say. North wind affecting me today.

I doubt Alan Jones would give his ok, sadly, that was a highly amusing bit.
Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:07 pm

13 schoolyards wrote:b): Micallef thinking that there's some bits there too lame to revisit.
Like the 1st episode - card voices -
*opens Rich Little card*
"Judy! Judy! Judy!"
silence..
*nervous smirk*
"Rich Little - he's an impressionist"
*opens Mick Jagger card*
in pommy accent "You don't 'ave the rights to use my voice!"
*nervous smirk again*
"Yes, moving along shall we?"
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:26 pm

Well I'd buy that Prisoner boxset if I had a spare $1600!

And to revisit the title of this Micallef DVD again, could the Expergated thing be another Micallef joke and it's actually uncut? Actually, it probably isn't, but it's the kind of thing that wacky zany Micallef might do.
I just want to pop him on a bit of toast and eat him right up.

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:48 pm

Edit - ss
Blog
Now with EXTRA teabagging.
VALE Ricky M

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:33 am

You can download the prisoner boxset off the intertubes. :) And menagers I have Happy Famlies if you want that some time? :)

menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:55 pm

Yes please! Shall I PM?
Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?

baudrillard
Champagne Comedian

Post by baudrillard » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:21 pm

Sure but it'll probably take me a while to get it together. At least the collection of stuff I've downloaded is labelled. My VHS tapes aren't as lucky to some degree.

foolhardycousingeorge
Australia's Best Dressed

Othe Comedy TV

Post by foolhardycousingeorge » Thu May 06, 2010 7:40 pm

To update my post on this topic from when I first joined this forum nearly five years ago, I would add The Vicar of Dibley to my favourite British comedies.
".....that's what's ahead here on Martin Molloy; the only radio show with an inner core of sphagnum."

kavin
Muckraker

Post by kavin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:38 pm

I'm big fan of Comedy series and I like to watch all comedy shows. My favorite comedy show is Seinfeld, it is one of best comedy show, I have ever seen. I really missed this show and sometimes I want to watch Seinfeld episodes online at reliable website. I really enjoyed myself when I watch it.

EDIT: Removed Spam link - SS