introduction from Damien Lasaration.

Who are you people, anyway? New members and lurkers, reveal yourselves. Got any projects or announcements to make? This is all about you.

Moderators: ShitScared, BenG, Steve

Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

introduction from Damien Lasaration.

Postby Damien Lasaration » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:54 am

Hello, my name is Damien (and I am a twat), no um, I am a huge fan of The Late Show. Why did it go for just two years? It was far more superior than the Chaser and far ahead of its time in comparison to Humphrey. I miss it, I really do. Why did they turn smug on the Panel? Why? They were heroes, but just for two years!
MY most favorate skit is "Who knew Brett best", its early Late show and it was subversive to the point that when Brett Whiteley died all these people came out of the woodwork and claimed they new the late artist best, so in true SNL style they did the game show skit and did the cultral comment best. They even used the portrait head shot from his winning 1977 (I coulb be wrong) Archbald entry: Self portrait in the studio. I miss Brett and I miss The Late show. I miss 1992, Life then was so much simpler. No 9/11, Diana alive, Rove was still a paper boy and the bee gees were still three when the Manic Street Preachers were four way befor The Spice Girls sang when two become One.
So I want to meet as many of you as possible. Especially if you are female and have white cowboy boots! Lets quote it all till the cows come home!

Cheers!

DL.
This is my signature.

ewe2
Muckraker

ewe2 intro

Postby ewe2 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:09 am

Hi, my name is sean and I live in Bendigo, home of Sandhurst Machinery (Sandhust everything else as well). I was a huge fan of the show at the time, everyone living in Melbourne with half a brain was. It's wonderful that so many refuse to let its memory die, being practically the last time anyone took a risk on live TV.

Truly champagne comedy :)

Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

ok, now the rules have changed.

Postby Damien Lasaration » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 am

There is Big Brother, there is pc thugs everywhere. There was comedy and it was the Late Show. Back then Ghramme Kenedy was good. So what if he was gay. But the fact remains that the Late show could of been the best. You had your classic equivalents. Agree to disagree here:

Jane Seymour= Jane Kennedy
Gilda Reyner= Judith Lucy
Chevy Chase= Jason Stevens
John Belushi= Mick Malloy
Bill Murrey= Rob Sitch
Dan Ackroyd= Santo Chilarro
Steve Marten= Tommy G
Adam Sandler= Tony Marten

Now Comedy has gotten nasty. Look at Comedy Inc. There is sex but there is also violence and thats just not cool man. !992 was the year we were still innocent. It was the year we all gave a hoot. Thats why the show wasnt axed. Today it wouldnt last. Thats why they were on the panel and thats why we now have ROVE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOU DUMB PUBLIC! With your Paris tapes and your Queer Eye, you know where you can stick it. Come back Amnesia.

Steady on there!

DL.
This is my signature.

Mason Hell-Cat
Muckraker

Re: introduction from Damien Lasaration.

Postby Mason Hell-Cat » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:25 pm

Damien has got to be a joke poster...

Damien Lasaration wrote:I miss Brett and I miss The Late show. I miss 1992, Life then was so much simpler. No 9/11, Diana alive, Rove was still a paper boy and the bee gees were still three when the Manic Street Preachers were four

Well there's one thing right there that shows we *weren't* better off in 1992.
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com
Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat
Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com
and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com

mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)

kim
Muckraker

Postby kim » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:49 pm

But you see, I think he's illustrating that life was so much simpler without all the Diana conspiracy theories and the analysis of the collective grief and the auctioning of the dresses and those bloody Mario Testino photos and the fountain that keeps maiming young children...

Was Graham Kennedy really good in 1992? I thought his heyday was in the 1970s. What was that show he had on with John Mangos?

Loz
Muckraker

Postby Loz » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:57 am

coast to coast :-)

i think he was on funniest home videos in the early nineties??
Holy Sh#t! I've made a clip with my boyfriend!

Mason Hell-Cat
Muckraker

Postby Mason Hell-Cat » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:16 am

Actually, I might have to take it back about Diana....her being alive meant plenty of laughs on TLS!! haha.....
"No holds barred....no beg your pardons..."

Loose talk: masonhellcat.wordpress.com

Foolish behaviour: youtube.com/user/MasonHellCat

Beer: hellcatsbeerblog.wordpress.com

and TV Dinner: masoandads.wordpress.com

mrtonymartin:
Hilarious 1986 ep of 'Backchat' with 'D-Generation' complaints: (starts at 1:30): http://tinyurl.com/3cfvrz8 (via @masonhellcat)

kim
Muckraker

Postby kim » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:42 am

ahhh yes, he was on Funniest Home Videos!!! i rest my case.

coast to coast! thank you!!! that was bugging me. thank you Loz.

Damien Lasaration
Muckraker

I am very 4REAL.

Postby Damien Lasaration » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:44 am

As a matter of fact the Late Show was the thing worth staying up for. It was the adult upper that the Hey Hey its saturday gave as our downer. It was the thing to look forward to if RAGE was shit that night, I can imagine a Shappelle Corby skit if they were around today. They were better than little Britain.

"Chinese, that's strictly for poofs!", Fuck Queer eye. And I mean that with the venom they deserve. 1992 was unique. This'll never happen again. Smells like teen spirit and Kurt Cobain (when he wasnt cremated and stuffed in a Teddy Bear {now that is Urban legend}). Y'see, 1992 was when Judith Lucy didnt have to fuck it up with her faux feminism. She is a Wendy Harmer try hard. Her tall poppy attack on Kim Wilson was (tv) weak. She was funny with Molly though. I'll give her that.
Given that they were taped enough that they could of been copied. Roving with Rove, I mean fuck he might as well put a fat suity and call himself "Mick" for fuck's sake.

"Steady on!"

Yeah Greahme was doing Coast to coast then and ol Dicky wilkins wasnt being modelled afetr Val Kilmer he was Dicky on a dicky MTV copy. 1992 was the best.

DL.

See my website for those who think I dont exist, but yeah.. I am Tyler Durden in your dreams! ;)

geocities.com/dlasaration
This is my signature.

Steve
Muckraker

Postby Steve » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:53 am

(give me a sec to digest all that)
"Sturt was a good film... but it was no Strzelecki"

R.I.P. GTV-9 Bendigo Street, Richmond... A lifetime of memories behind those red brick walls.

Member #46

Return to “Getting to Know You”