Oh me plums!

For anything to do with Tony Martin - Get This, Martin/Molloy, Lolly Scramble, fan mail...

Moderator: ShitScared

Captain_Birdseye
Sandhurst Mechanic

Oh me plums!

Post by Captain_Birdseye »

Cue the vocal chords for this much loved Tonyism for your first/next visit to see Indiana Jones 4 at the cinemas.

In a scene in the jungle one actor finds himself between two vehicles and comes into contact - regularly - with some bulbus plants... I only realised on the train home from the screening that I'd missed a golden opportunity to announce loudly to the cinema 'Oh me plums!' and would love to think that had I thought of it at the time - it would've struck comedic gold with fellow Getthisians - even if it has been 6 months since the show went off the air.

BTW if anyone has any contact details for TM or the like - I'd love to pass this one onto them as a 'nod' to their genius and let them know that the thoughts are still ringing around in our heads 6 months on...

Did anyone else notice that and find themselves thinking about stone fruit?
kat-rant
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by kat-rant »

okay, what we need to do is organise a massive group to a screening somewhere, and just at that moment, a mass yell out of "OOOOH, ME PLUMS!!!" :lol:
I've got the paper!!!
menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers »

I was too busy being grossed out by the man-eating ants. Having no 'plums', I'm rarely sympathetic.
Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?
stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball »

I had the same thought leaving as well... and i was in the Triple M preview screening, so it wouldve been a golden opportunity!
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball
ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared »

I thought exactly that and said it when I went to the Triple M preview screening on the 19th.

I didn't say it loud enough, but the people around me heard it and some laughed.
13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards »

Martin / Molloy fans planning to check out Sex and the City might want to practise shouting out (in the trademark slightly disappointed tone) "Hum-py!" For that damn dog has quite a role in the film.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"
Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot »

Yes, there is a bit of "Humpy" going on in that film!
I just want to pop him on a bit of toast and eat him right up.
13 schoolyards
Champagne Comedian

Post by 13 schoolyards »

I really liked the way a lot (okay, some) of the comedy was proudly low-brow. That trip to Mexico had one scene straight out of... well, something pretty lowbrow. Always good to see a rom-com with some actual com.
"Aww great - there goes my genitalia you slutty little monkey!"
Bean Is A Carrot
Champagne Comedian

Post by Bean Is A Carrot »

Mind you, it was probably the only time an American comdy film had a "holiday in Mexico" plot without there being some kind of attempt to get busty chicks to take their tops off.
I just want to pop him on a bit of toast and eat him right up.
kim
Champagne Comedian

Post by kim »

Side note: I bumped into Kim Cattrall (Samantha) the other week in the west end. She looks as good in real life for 51 as she does in pictures.
I'm a thinker.... I thinka!