News Free Zone

If it's not related to The D-Gen or any of the other threads, post it on here!

Moderator: ShitScared

ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared »

13 schoolyards wrote:Ahhhhh *light bulb goes off*.

Semi-recent news events should have made some people very happy then.

(unless I've got it totally wrong)
Correct. Say no more ;)
menagers
Champagne Comedian

Post by menagers »

Urrgh. Totally confused. :confused:
Are you castin' aspersions on the habeebee?
waker
Australia's Best Dressed

Post by waker »

Yeah I've got no idea either.
ShitScared
Champagne Comedian

Post by ShitScared »

argh... I'll put it this way - $5 note... Mick Molloy signs the note as someone else so they would get in trouble...
stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball »

Yep, onto it now ;)
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball
stupidmeatball
Champagne Comedian

Post by stupidmeatball »

And I've just remembered who the "guy who looks like Hoges" is too. It doesn't surprise me not many people like him.
Now a'Tweetin'.
scrivenersfancy Someone has finally loaded the 'Late Show' Commercial Crimestoppers on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/stupidmeatball
Kenneth
Muckraker

Post by Kenneth »

Harold and Rodney Block wrote:I kinda remember the theme from the Australia St. skit on the show. Feel free to add in any of the bits I've missed as I'd love to know what they were..

Australia

Australia

This is the street where all the states meet Australia Street.

Australia

Australia

This is the street where all the states meet Australia Street.

(Can't remember how the next bit went but it ended with - )

Our new boys down from the west,
And Victoria still thinks she's best. (Character Name 'Victoria Bitter'.)

(More I can't remember then it ended with - )

... And there's something rotten in the state of New South Wales,

That's about Australia's Story,
Add the Northern Territory,
And there's nothing like this wide brown land to me...

Oh and don't for get Tasmania! - (A reference to Tassie being left off map during the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony the previous year.)

The Adelaide character may have had 'Magpie' as her last name, for some reason that rings a bell.

Bonds character in this represented NSW and could have been called 'Rick Veneer' though this may have been the name of another Character on the show. The memories of his are very hazy as I only watched it pining for Doctor Who to return... ;-) lol
That is indeed most of it. I think I can fill in a few gaps though.

Sunny Brisbane loves his beer,
South Australia's gone quite queer,
And something's rotten in the state of New South Wales, typical, huh.
Our new boy, down from the West,
Victoria still thinks she's it.
That's about Australia's story,
Add the Northern Territory
And there's nothing like this wide brown land for me -
What about Tasmania?
Tasmania, near Australia,
This is the street where all the states meet ...

The Bond character in 'Australia Street' was called Sydney. He was an unscrupulous spiv. South Australia was a priggish woman named Adelaide (maybe she was supposed to be a dyke?). Sunny Brisbane was a bloke (usually drinking XXXX) who wore a loud red shirt (I think) and a floppy hat. Western Australia (can't remember the character name) was a blandly nice guy. Victoria was a complete bitch. Tasmania was a fat smiling sort of hippy woman.

As a smug 10-year-old, I didn't like News Free Zone very much. It was like a weak version of Kenny Everett or Tommy Cooper. But this evening I felt like watching the opening to Australia Street and found only this forum (sweet fa on youtube). I think "eh-eh, gotcha a bewdy!" was the show's most popular catchphrase. There was also a segment called Neverending Story, introduced and concluded with the song "never-ending story, it's never, never been told".
circum61
Muckraker

Post by circum61 »

I've also been trying to remember all the character names from Australia Street as well. These are the ones I know - Anyone fill in the blanks please?

Victoria Bitter
Adelaide Hills
Westy Swan
Sunny Brisbane

Then there was Sydney. but I don't remeber the surname, and I can't remember the Tasmaninan character, if there was one...

Cheers
djbcjk
Muckraker

Post by djbcjk »

Was Syd's surname Bridge?

Who could forget Tassie Franklin? She lived in a little outhouse in the backyard; she was a big, somewhat dim girl in plaits who was always eating apples.
Jodes
Muckraker

Post by Jodes »

Im actually tryin to find a copy of the NFZ finale song. Not sure on the rest of the lyrics tho?

"Please respect me in the morning..Dont talk about me when Im gone. Now I'm on my way and i don't care what you say I'm going home home home..."

"its not nice to be turned around again some day"?

Any takers on where i would find any copy of this song or eps or anything like that?????